If Adapt is added to Mycroft locally (which would be awesome even if it’s a setting), could we have Mycroft try to parse all speach? This way Mycroft can add into conversations and would allow Mycroft to be conversational without instruction. I can see it being annoying but if you only have a few commands up or make special ones for certain projects, it would be really helpful.
It would be so cool if someone walked into your house started talking and then mentions the extremely hot weather and then Mycroft would give some information about the weather and how it’s record high in San Diego.
This should not be default unless it is fairly unintrusive as well as it should only do commands you pick. For instance, I wouldn’t want it to launch Linux commands or start playing video. Saying what Mycroft wants to do like “I took it that you’re warm, turning on the A/C” or asking to confirm intents may be helpful.
When I’d like Mycroft to initiate or add into a conversation (may be different for everyone):
- a math question
- spelling of a word or phrase
- asking about something like “How long is the Great Wall of China?”
- saying something like “I thought that pizza was pie in Itallian” (This would be so fun. Mycroft could inform how wrong they are)
Responce to Reactions:
- complaining about the temperature should change the thermostat
- saying “I forgot to lock the front door” should lock it
I’ll probably add more to remember some cool things I could add to Mycroft.
Sorry if something doesn’t make sense, Fleksy freaks out web text input fields.