Are the Servers Down

Is there anything that I can do in the mean time to get my device paired?

Can I send the pairing code and yall pair it on the backend?

1 Like

Been trying to register my device since yesterday, but the site is not letting me. It keeps asking me to check for typos, but Iā€™m typing the code right.

It is most certainly not working.

Hi.

I see the incident has been closed. I am still not able to login.

1 Like

On it. I just dropped it on my teamā€™s desk.

1 Like

UPDATE: After the server instability issues we had over the last few weeks, we discovered that the automatic microservice databases synchnization had somehow lost 50 users in one of the microservices. This prevented the password reset emails from being sent when the webUI made that request.

In the immediate term, we forced a full resync and you should be able to perform a password reset now. Let me know if you still have problems, @ssanders and @Nathanael_Ries (and anyone else who encountered the issue).

As a long term preventative measure we are now going to run a slow resync once every 24 hours (which normally wonā€™t do anything but doesnā€™t hurt to do, just in case we have another unusual event issue like this).

2 Likes

woo hoo I am able to login now.

Thank you all for all the work.

Can confirm, I was successfully able to register my picroft device.

Thank you very much for following up!

I am having some difficulties. I had my device paired last night and now it says I need to pair again. When I try to log into the home.mycorft.ai site, nothing happens. It spins for a few seconds but never logs in.

Is this a Mycorft server issue or have I messed up my install?

No ā€¦ mine is doing the same thing,
It says it cannot pair and I should check my internet connection :frowning:
and I canā€™t log into home.mycroft.ai

Good to know that at some of my issues arenā€™t user error.

Guess Iā€™ll keep an eye and wait.

I have restarted mycroft ( on Linux) and it has managed to pair this time, but seems to have become stuck loading skills and wont listen to meā€¦

Same issues here. api.mycroft.ai appears to be down.

Same here, I am unable to login to home.mycroft.ai to activate a new device, has been broken for several hours now. If you folks @ Mycroft need an expert to consult with you about proper distributed DNS, network load balancing, and Linux clustering, so that these problems are resolved and never happen again, please let me know, and Iā€™ll get you in touch with the right people. Itā€™s very damaging to the community to have issues like this, which can be eliminated when things are configured properly on the back-end. Thanks.

Outage incident updates are being posted in https://chat.mycroft.ai/community/channels/town-square.

1 Like

Hi everyone, yes weā€™ve had a major outage over the last couple of days.
It should now be resolved, and you can read the pen and transparent Incident Report here;

Kind regards,
Kathy

Thanks Kathy
I am glad it is all working again :slight_smile: I am new around here, and I guess this is not normal LOL!

1 Like