Audio Input Problems

Hey there

I need some help, i’m using Picroft on Pi3, for voice output i’m using the Jack Speakers and for voice input i’m using a Jack Microphone pluged into an adapter Jack-USB, the voice output is working well but the imput isn’t i tryed some solutions that i found in here but it didn’t work for me :confused:
By the way, when i put the commande aplay -l i get this
Card 0: Alsa [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
subdevices: 7/7
subdevice #0: subdevice #0
subdevice #1: subdevice #1
subdevice #2: subdevice #2
subdevice #3: subdevice #3
subdevice #4: subdevice #4
subdevice #5: subdevice #5
subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Card 0: Alsa [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
subdevices: 1/1
card 1: Headset [Logitech USB Headset], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
subdevices: 1/1

I Tryed changing the /etc/.asoundrc (which i found empty) and i added the following script :

pcm.!default { type asym playback.pcm { type plug slave.pcm “hw:0” } capture.pcm { type plug slave.pcm “hw:1” } }

Kind regards

Hi there,

Sounds like you have been scouring the forums and have probably tried a number of things from our documentation already.

We try and work from the top of the audio stack and try to only edit alsa sound configs if it’s really necessary. Were you able to record and playback audio on the commandline before/after you edited .asoundrc using these commands?

arecord -d 10 -o test.wav
aplay test.wav

Can I also confirm whether you already tried:

Thank you @gez-mycroft for your answer, i got the audio input working, i don’t know how but i guess i was lucky but now i’m getting an other error which is :

mycroft.client.speach.listner - ERROR - Speech Recognition could not understand audio

can you help me ?

Absolutely.

Have you already updated to version 19.02?
Is the mic meter level showing when you run mycroft-cli-client?

If you run alsamixer try turning the mic input volume up / down and see if that impacts anything.

Do skills respond if you type a command into the CLI instead?
If so run “create a support ticket” this will upload your logs to termbin.com and email them to you in a single link. This is the easiest way for us to see everything that’s going on.

Hey @gez-mycroft,

I ran the Aslamixer and lowerd the mic voice and it was a success, mycroft is able to understand my commands now

Thank you for your help