Baby alarm / monitoring

Skill name: baby-alarm

User story:

As a parrent I did use baby alarm in the kidsroom at so I could get an alarm if something other than sleeping were going on. My baby alarm did react on soundlevel, and when activated it called up the parrent part and turn on the mic, så I could hear what happend and then do the right action.

What third party services, data sets or platforms will the Skill interact with? None

Are there similar Mycroft Skills already? No i dont think

What will the user Speak to trigger the Skill? Activate baby alarm - connect to livingroom

What phrases will Mycroft Speak? I activated the baby alarm for this device, and will connect to Livingroom if needed.

What Skill Settings will this Skill need to store? Which other mycroft device to connect to

Other comments?
This skill is simalar to a device to device communication. But this is “simpler” as it is only one way, and react on level of mic.

The skill could be more advanced, connecting outside to the world by SMS or calling a phone or whatever. But i think most parrents are in room nearby so other serviceses is a little overkill.

Skill could be extended to monitor sensors connected to the device like Light, Meusture, temperatur and Co2 levels.

I like this idea. I currently use an IP cam as a baby monitor, maybe Mycroft and Motion could work together?

1 Like

I have my first kid inbound in the next month or two, so probably not going to have time to make this, but it would be great!

2 Likes