BIG DATA Functionality

Skill suggestion…continually add detail to my user profile that can interact automatically with internet (cloud) data.

I don’t like the big boys ( Google Facebook) messing around with my data. I also am not happy with the amount of time I spend on the Internet generally. Too often my searches are too vague and result in non-answers or suggestions that demand more education on my part. As an example I have no need to know how to setup a household budget…i just need to know if I should buy a bicycle or not. The machine should be able to anaylize my finances, age, weight, mobility habits etc…and combine these variables with the latest and greatest information available on the internet. Mycroft should without much more input on my part cough up a suggestion such as this…

“Based on information in your user profile…I recommend purchasing a bicycle ($104) that is currently available for online purchase. Would you like me to process this transaction?”

I am cool with a machine managing my data. Yea or nay is reserved for myself.

Third party modules of expertise that can interact with mycroft should be encouraged.
Say, for example secure banking or financial planning modules that will allow for preauthorised transactions to occur on the mycroft users behalf. Or how about an (AI?) module created by Tourism Tennessee that interacts with my user profile…understands my location, demographic, available funds, schedule and recommends to my mycroft a bus trip to Memphis on the third week of September…

Hi @Ward are you able to edit this suggestion to follow our Skill Suggestion template (below)?
We’ve designed this to help make it easier to take a Suggestion and write a Skill from it.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Skill name: something-meaningful-skill

User story:

As a (type of user) I want this Skill to have (function or feature) so that I can achieve (objective)
eg. As a music lover, I want this Skill to control my music player so I can have voice-enabled music on my Mycroft Device

What third party services, data sets or platforms will the Skill interact with?

Are there similar Mycroft Skills already?

See https://github.com/MycroftAI/mycroft-skills for a list. If so, how could they be combined?

What will the user Speak to trigger the Skill?

For example “What’s the weather like?” or “How much is the Canadian dollar worth right now?” or “Play Aussie Rock music”

What phrases will Mycroft Speak?

For example, “The weather is cloudy with a top of 60F”, “The Canadian dollar is worth 90 US cents”, “Now playing Aussie Rock on Spotify”

What Skill Settings will this Skill need to store?

See https://mycroft.ai/documentation/skills/skill-settings/ for more information

Other comments?

Put any other comments you think are relevant in here