Cannot register device - next button greyed out

Hello,

I’ve tried 2 different browsers, I fill out all the fields, the code dictated by my speaker and the NEXT button in lower right hand side is always greyed out!
I don’t understand, tried redoing it 20 times, changing values, nothing works, button stays grey and does nothing when I click on it.

Anyone knows how I can register/pair my device?

Thank you

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I believe it’s a server-side issue with getting the list of currently registered devices. Whenever I change the name of the device in the form, a GET request is sent to https://account.mycroft.ai/api/devices which returns a HTTP-500 error.

Edit: Something you can do for now is enable the “Next”-button using inspect element, then hitting enter with your cursor in the room field. That should at least complete the pairing process, although you can’t manage anything in the web UI afterwards because the device does not show up.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue. tried to register on Linux and windows 10. button greyed out on both.

1 Like

This is unfortunately my first time attempting to use and setup mycroft, and this issue is something I am also running into. Installed on linux but unable to pair as the web UI won’t let me continue. Isn’t this exactly the reason we self host these things? So this won’t be an issue? And yet my self host bugs me to pair every command and I can’t even do it.

Edit: the other user notted a workaround that I was trying for an hour or so, until I figuered out you have to inspect element on the next button, delete anyhting on that line connected to “disabled” and replace “Disabled=true” to “enabled=true”. Successfully connected

2 Likes

awesome workarounds guys! can confirm this worked.

Edit: I was able to get mycroft setup but it is not in my device. My voice interface is sketchy and I cant update

I have the same issue with picroft. Editing the button to be able to click it, does not work for me.

2 Likes

Hi all, thanks for flagging this. The server errors have now been fixed, so please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

The outage was caused by a 3rd party API failure. We will be conducting a post-incident review to look at what we can learn from this, including how we can better detect and respond to issues like this in the future.

I am having this issue and the workaround does not help.

1 Like

Same here. Really annoying as this is my first time using Mycroft setting it up and I can’t click the next button.

1 Like

Me too.

Frustrating, but relieved it wasn’t me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello,

Me too.
Tried the inspection workaround. The button enables but not submit.

Regards

1 Like

Hi

Assuming you won’t have had a chance to yet do the review and improve detection - are you aware this is still/again an issue?

Thanks

1 Like

I think this could be the problem - voice and wake_word aren’t sent in POST request…

1 Like

I’m also running into the issue…unlucky time to discover Mycroft, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue: I tried the “edit HTML attributes” trick before I got here, but it still fails because the POST request is missing data from two voice-related config fields that simply aren’t showing up on the page. I tried disabling all local and network-wide adblocking, and using different browsers, but no dice.

…and I see @bubulescu has just pinpointed the same issue.

1 Like

someone removed wake word selection from the UI but not from the backend code it seems…

2 Likes

I went as far as trying to modify the XHR body directly inside Firefox’s dev console, but ended up with a 500 error instead of a 400 error. Hopefully this is fixed soon…I’ve got a VM running Mycroft just waiting to pair!

1 Like

Same issue here, has anyone in the backend team picked this up?

It’s Saturday. You most likely have to wait till Monday start of day in the US.

It’s still same, the next button is still in disabled mode

Yeah looks like that only, some field are removed