Cannot register device - next button greyed out

Hi all, thanks for flagging this. The server errors have now been fixed, so please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

The outage was caused by a 3rd party API failure. We will be conducting a post-incident review to look at what we can learn from this, including how we can better detect and respond to issues like this in the future.

I am having this issue and the workaround does not help.

1 Like

Same here. Really annoying as this is my first time using Mycroft setting it up and I can’t click the next button.

1 Like

Me too.

Frustrating, but relieved it wasn’t me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello,

Me too.
Tried the inspection workaround. The button enables but not submit.

Regards

1 Like

Hi

Assuming you won’t have had a chance to yet do the review and improve detection - are you aware this is still/again an issue?

Thanks

1 Like

I think this could be the problem - voice and wake_word aren’t sent in POST request…

1 Like

I’m also running into the issue…unlucky time to discover Mycroft, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue: I tried the “edit HTML attributes” trick before I got here, but it still fails because the POST request is missing data from two voice-related config fields that simply aren’t showing up on the page. I tried disabling all local and network-wide adblocking, and using different browsers, but no dice.

…and I see @bubulescu has just pinpointed the same issue.

1 Like

someone removed wake word selection from the UI but not from the backend code it seems…

2 Likes

I went as far as trying to modify the XHR body directly inside Firefox’s dev console, but ended up with a 500 error instead of a 400 error. Hopefully this is fixed soon…I’ve got a VM running Mycroft just waiting to pair!

1 Like

Same issue here, has anyone in the backend team picked this up?

It’s Saturday. You most likely have to wait till Monday start of day in the US.

It’s still same, the next button is still in disabled mode

Yeah looks like that only, some field are removed

Same issue here! When can we expect it to be resolved?

Same here!! I hope it gets resolved soon

It’s fixed! Or at least, it’s fixed on my end. Full refresh the page if you’ve left it open, just to be safe.

Hey all, apologies for a 2nd issue in as many weeks here.

Whilst it presented the same, it was slightly different. Along with the fix for last weeks outage we pushed a big update to core packages in the backend. Some things you’ll notice, but lots of things that you don’t see - security patches and version bumps to keep it humming along, as well as prepping for future functionality. This bug got introduced at that point and was only impacting a subset of users which is how it made it through our QA and into production.

Again, we’ll be looking at what happened and how we can strengthen our processes to reduce the chance it happens again.

If you’re still seeing the issue please first hit Ctrl + Shift + R to do a “hard refresh” of the page. Then ping us if that didn’t solve it.

2 Likes

Paired device. Thank you!

1 Like

I just had same issue but found this thread and ctrl-shift-r cured it