Chaining Mycroft Dialog

Hello,

I have been messing with Mycroft’s skills and noticed that all skills are launched by a single phrase with no additional dialog after the initial skill execution (apart from the “stop” for podcast-type skills). I couldn’t find an example or a not-hacky way to create a chain of dialog. By this, I mean, a conversation-based skill where the initiation of the skill locks a user to it and processes additional dialog and requests as needed.

An example would be maybe reading an internet article. “Mycroft, what’s new on CNN?” -> “Here are the top ten articles on CNN: <1,2,3…,10>” -> "Read article: " -> “Title, Author, Body”. Optional: “stop” like the podcasts to go back to general phrase processing by Mycroft.

Am I missing that this is doable already? If so, direct me to that documentation or an example?
If not, is it in the works? Why or why not?

Thanks,
Kai

A context engine is in the works for Mycroft. It will allow you to do something similar to what you are describing above. You can watch this video for more details https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyc3wWYoI8E

i have worked on a convese method and intent layers to give state to skillls

• intercept utterances inside skill and handle them

• activate and deactivate intents easily

• know if an intent will be triggered and by which skill

however this is all non standard and requires hacking around a bit :slight_smile:

Awesome, thanks for the details!