Changed to Google TTS En-UK but broke all skills

Hey, I managed to get mycroft default working well on Ubuntu 19.04.
I decided to change my TTS to gTTS and use the mycroft-config to set the laguage to “en-uk”.

This is my latest conf

{
“max_allowed_core_version”: 20.2,
“lang”: “en-uk”,
“tts”: {
“module”: “google”,
“google”: {
“slow”: false
}
}
}

Problem:
Now all the voice commands are broken. Mycroft responds with “not.loaded” for everything, including weather and whats the time. (At least it has a UK slang to it)
I have tried the CLI as well, and written commands are also coming up with “not.loaded”

I suppose it is the en-us to en-uk issue? If I change it back to en-us everything is working fine again.

I have also tried making a copy of the vocab/en-us and renaming it vocab/en-uk and vocab/en-gb and it works somewhat… but that’s too much work to go into all the skills and rename everything.

Hi yeah, the lang will tell the skills to look in a lang folder called en-uk which doesn’t exist. Currently we don’t have a smart fail-over to the closest language. You can however set the language specifically for the google tts module:

{
    }
  }
}

@JarbasAl has an old PR for language fail-over that never got merged for some reason and he says he will try to update it.

1 Like

Thank you @forslund for the reply! Will try to look into that PR in a bit.
I will revert back to en-us for now, while working on my own personal news function.

I think something like this should work:

{
    },
   "lang": "en-us"
}

By this Mycroft Mycroft should use “en-us” vocab/dialog/locale files and speak with “en-uk” TTS voice.

2 Likes

@Dominik Brilliant. Can confirm that this works!!

1 Like