Chatbot Skill not working

Thank you for the response. Yes I am able to go to pypi from all my systems. So far I have tried this on an ubuntu 18, 20, lubuntu, and picroft to see if maybe it was an issue with the os. I just get the timeout error. I am able to install it so I dont get the pypi error. Just a standard timeout error. I have also tried the beta version mentioned a while ago.

I am currently limited to 3 posts so responding here in an edit.

I have not had a problem installing the skill. It just times out and does not generate a response when I test the example inputs. Eg do you like ice cream. It will time out and then give the standard response for unknown input.

I had no issues installing this. Took approximately 3 seconds.

INFO - building SkillEntry objects for all skills
INFO - Downloading skill: https://github.com/forslund/fallback-aiml
INFO - Installing system requirements...
INFO - Installing requirements.txt for fallback-aiml
INFO - Successfully installed fallback-aiml
INFO - invalidating skills cache
1 Like

/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiml/Kernel.py
i repaced all time.clock() with time.time()
and that worked for one of my systems.

The other was not enabled.
and now I forgot the problem on the other
sorry my response took so long, I was limited on posts and just checked back.

1 Like

This was exactly my problem. After enabling the check box in the skills menu on home.mycroft.ai, I was about to give up when I stumbled upon your reply. I replaced all the time.clock() instances with time.time() and after rebooting Mycroft the skill is working now. Thank you for the resolution.

I’m wondering why could this have occurred? Does it have to do with the python version or was it hardware/software specific?

Python version. They retired time.clock I believe.

1 Like