Communications Skill - Intercom using Mycroft!

Yes, Mark-1 (Debian Jessie) has a firewall protecting the messagebus port by default. You need to ‚sudo ufw allow 8181‘ to open it.

1 Like

Okay, but not the rest of the ports, like the one the skill operates on 4445?

I dont remember, maybe i have turned the firewall completely off - will look it up and report back…

I give an idea for you. It would be possible under mycroft.home to set up family names or other and then say “computer spock on the bridge” as in Star Trek or “Hey mycroft Andreas is ready to eat”. it would then also be possible “hey mycroft add andreas to family / company”.

I am a beginner in the subject of Mycroft but I would like to do something with this and if possible something with the subject of calls. Could you help me by commenting a little on what the operation of this idea is based on?

It only works between mycroft devices or the idea is that it also allows you to connect with external devices?

Hi @sesma24! I’m planning to get started on calling between mycroft devices shortly, after I finish a refactor of the skill. The idea, in the long term, is to be able to make calls to any device, however first I want to tackle calling between mycrofts.

1 Like

you could also use your skill to set up a common language folder for multiple devices. I have a learning skill and when I learn a new sentence I have to do this on all devices.