Custom wake word precise installation problems

Hey,
so I installed picroft and everything is running. Now I want to use a custom wake word and followed the documentation form here: https://github.com/MycroftAI/mycroft-precise#source-install

So far the installation of the dependencies worked out, but I don't understand the last chapter which comes after the **./setup.sh**

It says that I can write my programm, but I don't really get what to put in it and how to store/use it.

When I tried to: **precise-listen my_model_file.pb**
I get these errors:
´´
WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/precise-data/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow/__init__.py:98: The name tf.AUTO_REUSE is deprecated. Please use tf.compat.v1.AUTO_REUSE instead.

WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/precise-data/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow/__init__.py:98: The name tf.AttrValue is deprecated. Please use tf.compat.v1.AttrValue instead.

WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/precise-data/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow/__init__.py:98: The name tf.COMPILER_VERSION is deprecated. Please use tf.version.COMPILER_VERSION instead.

WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/precise-data/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow/__init__.py:98: The name tf.CXX11_ABI_FLAG is deprecated. Please use tf.sysconfig.CXX11_ABI_FLAG instead.

WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/precise-data/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow/__init__.py:98: The name tf.ConditionalAccumulator is deprecated. Please use tf.compat.v1.ConditionalAccumulator instead.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/precise-data/mycroft-precise/.venv/bin/precise-listen", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('mycroft-precise', 'console_scripts', 'precise-listen')()
  File "/home/pi/precise-data/mycroft-precise/precise/scripts/base_script.py", line 43, in run_main
    script = cls(args)
  File "/home/pi/precise-data/mycroft-precise/precise/scripts/listen.py", line 58, in __init__
    self.listener = Listener(args.model, args.chunk_size)
  File "/home/pi/precise-data/mycroft-precise/precise/network_runner.py", line 107, in __init__
    self.runner = runner_cls(model_name)
  File "/home/pi/precise-data/mycroft-precise/precise/network_runner.py", line 51, in __init__
    self.graph = self.load_graph(model_name)
  File "/home/pi/precise-data/mycroft-precise/precise/network_runner.py", line 62, in load_graph
    with open(model_file, "rb") as f:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'my_model_file.pb'

Can someone help me out?

Best regards

Vadi

It’s not able to see the “my_model_file.pb”. Where is that file and does it have read permissions for the current user?

ok I got that the sample Programm should be called my_model_file.pb so I put in the code which is in the documentation.
I think that my_model_file.pb is the model which you train later, but I still get errors

Warning: Failed to load parameters from my_model_file.pb.params

But I don’t know what code to write into the file. my_model_file.pb.params

Which steps in the docs have you completed so far? What were the results of those steps?

Hey Vadi,

The .pb and .pb.params files are your wake word model. If you haven’t yet trained one that’s what you’re missing.

You can also grab existing v0.2.0 models from this repo.

ok yesterday I got a bit confused with the documentation and tried it again today and got a bit furhter untill I tried to train precise with this:

precise-train -e 60 Felix-Filgis.net Felix-Filgis/

First I got some warnings about TensorFlow but it seemed to have worked.

Then when I tried precise-listen Felix-Filgis.net

I got this load of errors:

Use tf.where in 2.0, which has the same broadcast rule as np.where
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi                                                                                                                    /alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi                                                                                                                    /alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.front.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4568:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5047:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM front
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.surround51.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4568:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5047:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround21
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.surround51.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.surround40.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround40
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround41
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround50
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround51
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.surround71.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround71
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=1                                                                                                                    30,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM iec958
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=1                                                                                                                    30,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM spdif
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi                                                                                                                    /alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 934
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi                                                                                                                    /alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 934
ALSA lib pcm_oss.c:377:(_snd_pcm_oss_open) Unknown field port
ALSA lib pcm_a52.c:823:(_snd_pcm_a52_open) a52 is only for playback
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=6,AES1=1                                                                                                                    30,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM iec958:{AES0 0x6 AES1 0x82 AES2 0x0 AES3 0x2  CARD 0}
ALSA lib pcm_usb_stream.c:486:(_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid type for card
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxx------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxx-----------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxx---------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxx---------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxx-------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxx-------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxx------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxx------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxx----------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxx----------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------
^C

Looks like it needs more data, particularly not-wake-words.

Were you worried about the ALSA errors? Looks like it’s managed to pick up your device anyway given the output below.

Hello again and thank you for the last tipps.
I recorded more data and trained the model. Like @gez-mycroft said the errors were to be ignored.
So everything looked good until I tried to do the precise-test where the script crashed.

Since this is only to test the wake word I am not shure if I can just ignore it.

I tried it with the precise-listen command and it looks like I need more recordings of the wake word.

The output looked like this. Am I correct that when a X is followed by a x it has detected the wake word?

(.venv) pi@picroft:~/mycroft-precise $ precise-listen Felix-Filgis.net
WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow/__init__.py:98: The name tf.AUTO_REUSE is deprecated. Please use tf.compat.v1.AUTO_REUSE instead.

WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow/__init__.py:98: The name tf.AttrValue is deprecated. Please use tf.compat.v1.AttrValue instead.

WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow/__init__.py:98: The name tf.COMPILER_VERSION is deprecated. Please use tf.version.COMPILER_VERSION instead.

WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow/__init__.py:98: The name tf.CXX11_ABI_FLAG is deprecated. Please use tf.sysconfig.CXX11_ABI_FLAG instead.

WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow/__init__.py:98: The name tf.ConditionalAccumulator is deprecated. Please use tf.compat.v1.ConditionalAccumulator instead.

Using TensorFlow backend.
WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/keras/backend/tensorflow_backend.py:3138: calling dropout (from tensorflow.python.ops.nn_ops) with keep_prob is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.
Instructions for updating:
Please use `rate` instead of `keep_prob`. Rate should be set to `rate = 1 - keep_prob`.
WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/keras/optimizers.py:757: The name tf.train.Optimizer is deprecated. Please use tf.compat.v1.train.Optimizer instead.

WARNING:tensorflow:From /home/pi/mycroft-precise/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow_core/python/ops/math_grad.py:1251: add_dispatch_support.<locals>.wrapper (from tensorflow.python.ops.array_ops) is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.
Instructions for updating:
Use tf.where in 2.0, which has the same broadcast rule as np.where
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.front.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM front
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.surround40.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround40
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround41
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround50
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround51
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.surround71.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround71
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM iec958
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3=2'
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 934
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 934
ALSA lib pcm_a52.c:823:(_snd_pcm_a52_open) a52 is only for playback
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_alsa.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=6,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM iec958:{AES0 0x6 AES1 0x82 AES2 0x0 AES3 0x2  CARD 0}
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX----------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX----------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX----------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX---------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX---------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX----------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXX--------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX----------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX--------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX---------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX---------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX---------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX--------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx---------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX----------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX---------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX--------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX--------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXX--------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXX---------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXX-------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXX---------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXX-------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX--------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX--------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXX----------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx---------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX----------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX--------------------------------------------------
^C^

The x’s indicate recognition.

1 Like