Custom wakewords R Us!

Great!! :smiley:

Then I will try this with “computer” and/or “house” in spanish.
As I’m a complete newbie on this, I have some very basic questions…

· I need to record the wake words in clips, the more records, the better.
· Do you recommend any audio program to record the words?
· As per Athena example, I noticed you recorded the wake word with several distances, and with different people. I will try to do the same, and making no difference on its naming convention.
· Once I have the set of records recorded on the specified format, I need to fork your repo and make a PR, sending you the wav files on the structure you need and with the naming convention you want.
· I just need to put the wav files on the wake-word/lang-short/ directory, besides the README.md and Licenses.
· While it seems obvious what to do with the noises folder (I could record a cough, a siren, etc, and then relation it with a description through the metadata.csv file) I have no idea what to do with the lang-short not-wake-words, as there is no example at the moment, perhaps telling some random words? Record the TV?

1 Like

Don’t submit copyrighted stuff, please. :slight_smile:
for recording, I had a bunch of saved wake words from my picrofts, as well as a few from manually recording. I tended to use arecord -d 3 asdf.wav a lot.

Yes, variations in distance, speaker, speed, and inflection all help improve how robust the model can be.

For athena, some of my nww’s are words like athlete, christina, or gasoline. They were developed as I got false positives from my picroft over a few weeks (and from background tv noise, but I recorded my own words instead). They’re getting the metadata.csv completed and will be uploaded soon. See the targeted nww link in first post for more. NWW’s should also NOT be existing wakewords. If anything those should be submitted to the relevant directory!

Heheh, don’t be afraid, I’m releasing my voice to any public license, I really love WTFPL, so I guess I will release them under that license :wink:

The only copyrighted stuff could be on the noise part if I have the TV turned on, that would be ok? If is not ok, well, I guess a siren, a truck or a blender, sounds similar in your country like in mine :stuck_out_tongue:

arecord you say? fine, so the command line for spanish woul be exactly this:
arecord -f S16_LE -r 16000 -d3 wakeword-es-$(uuid).wav

On Thursday I’ll take some days out of work and will make some recordings.

1 Like

looks good. For debian the package uuid-runtime has uuidgen. A more motivated scripting type would hook all that together for ease of use, haha.

just PR’ed the wake word.
on the phoneme’s README.md I wrote
EY OR DE NAA DOR
but I really don’t have a clue how to write it properly. Under cmusphinx is written like
O R D E N A D O R
But with the dict in spanish, so… I will let people with more knowledge how to transcribe it…

PS: I’ve just realized I need to create the metadata.csv for the not-wake-words. I’m going to do it right now.

2 Likes

Ok, PR with 2 models pending (precise .2 and .3). I used a partial subset of the nww data I have, since there’s not as comparable a dataset yet, but still got to high .99s in training. Should be merged by tomorrow at the latest.

2 Likes

so… any luck with the spanish wake word @baconator?

There’s a pending PR with the models if you go peruse the repo!

1 Like

PR no longer pending! Sorry about the delay. Hopefully you were able to pull it down before now.

I don’t get it… pull down what?

The formerly pending PR. It has been merged now, so it is part of the main repo.

:smile: hoorah!!! :smile:

Is this still available? I’ve been trying to develop my own custom wakeword using the precise toolchain but am getting a series of exceptions and am blocked from moving forward. I’ve posted the issue to the forum but haven’t seen any responses as of yet. I can record and train with the precise tool chain, but precise-listen and precise-convert fail.

How much training data is needed. I have about 30 wakeword recordings, and 10 or so non-wakeword recordings. I can certainly make more if that will significantly improve the accuracy.

1 Like

if you submit your samples to the repo @baconator will probably train a model for you

data is a big issue, 30 are not enough, you will need more recordings

EDIT: 30 might work ok, at least for your own voice, but i would say to use at least 50 /EDIT

for not-wake-word if you can get rhyming words etc will probably also help

other thing to keep in mind, if your samples are there more people are likely to submit their own samples for your word, even if you do not have enough data it is a good idea to submit it

1 Like

yes.

And if you upload a bunch I’ll probably add 20 wake and a few not-wake-words as well.

I’ve added a few words, short phrases, that rhyme in the not-wake-word collection. I can add more wakword samples as well.

What’s the procedure for submitting the samples? I took a look at the git repository but it wasn’t exactly clear what the procedure was for starting a new wakeword.

1 Like

Clone the repo and then just make a new directory for it.

Thanks… I’ll get that started. I’m having other members of my team (and their wives) doing recordings of the wakeword. Once those are delivered I’ll add them to the repository too.

Thanks for the help. I wish I could do it myself, but the exceptions with the precise-convert and precise-listen blocked me from making much progress.

Is this still active? Looking to train “Kelsey” as my wake word. The current system doesn’t respond well to my wife and daughter.

1 Like

yes, make the samples rain!

1 Like