Date & Time not working

Hi, I can’t trigger the Date & Time skill on my Picroft.

This is what I get in the CLI:
21:12:19.219 | INFO | 805 | QuestionsAnswersSkill | Searching for what is the time
Removing event fallback-query.mycroftai:QuestionQueryTimeout
21:12:28.208 | INFO | 805 | QuestionsAnswersSkill | Timeout occured check responses
21:12:28.236 | INFO | 805 | UnknownSkill | Fallback type: question
21:13:01.005 | INFO | 805 | ConfigurationSkill | Remote configuration updated

It looks like the skill isn’t triggered at all – could someone help me with this?

The intent handler couldn’t route the intent. In general the handler only needs “What time” (Adapt), but Adapt seems wonky to me (as the library grows).

try one of those (Padatious)
(the|) (time|clock) ((right |)now |)(please|) = “time please” (ex.)
do you have the (current|) time =“do you have the time” (ex.)
current time

to get a better understanding: | = or, |) = or nothing

always a good thing to look at the vocabs (.intent are easier to read :wink: )

Thanks! Unfortunately “time please” or “current time” give exactly the same result. “Do you have the time” results in “There are no active timers”, so it’s routed to a Timer skill. It looks like the Date & Time skill is ignored… is there a way to debug that?

Hm… Just tested it with lang=de and it works. Both adapt and padatious

Hey there, if you’re in the CLI can you type:

:skills

This will show a list of loaded Skills, any with an error will be shown in red. Just want to confirm if the Skill exists and is loaded correctly

And i’m assuming you are running with lang=en-us

Thanks both for the hints – looking at :skills showed the Date & Time skill marked red because it didn’t load properly. I was then able to find in /var/log/mycroft/skills.log that this was due to a missing libf77blas.so.3 library required for numpy.

It’s strange that numpy didn’t complain on installation, but it’s OK now – simply installing libatlas-base-dev fixed the problem.

2 Likes

Thanks, that fixed date-time skill on my Picroft as well.

On my Mark-I I got a new error on " _multiarray_umath.cpython-37m-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so missing", after re-installing Numpy as suggested here date-time skill now works on Mark-I again.

Thanks @tuetschek for your tip. Now date-time skill is working again.