ERROR - Unable to invoke Mycroft Skill Manager after upgrade to 0.9.13

Hi there, after upgrade to version 9.0.13 I cannot install skills anymore and I’ve got the following error

• mycroft.skills.main:download_skills:248 - ERROR - Unable to invoke Mycroft Skill Manager: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.9.13-py2.7.egg/msm/msm

I had a look to mycroft_core-0.9.13-py2.7.egg directory and msm/msm is not present

as a workaround I created the folder msm and I create a symbolic link to msm command

• sudo mkdir /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.9.13-py2.7.egg/msm

• cd /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.9.13-py2.7.egg/msm

• sudo ln /usr/local/bin/msm msm

after that everything is working ok
Seems there is something wrong in the code

Regards
Srg

1 Like

Thanks @Joy_Tribbiani for flagging this, I’m going to tag @forslund on this thread so that he’s aware.

Thanks for reporting! For me this is working.

The location of msm should be included in the file /home/mycroft/.mycroft/mycroft.conf:

"SkillInstallerSkill": {
    "path": "/usr/local/bin/msm"
  }

If not included there it will fall back to the default location (the one your device seem to point to), can you post the content of your config file here?

Do you know which image version you’re using?

/Åke

Hi Ake,

I had a look to mycroft.conf file and it is empty.

CORE VERSION INSTALLED 0.9.13
ENCLOSURE VERSION INSTALLED 1.3.0

I probably did something wrong if I’m the only one reporting this.
I’m not sure about the image version, anyway thanks for the feedback.

Srg

I’ve been going over the package scripts and the base looks alright. If the mycroft.conf doesn’t exist the default will be written to it but I guess that if the file is changed somehow it won’t overwrite it again.

I will monitor my device to see if there is something that can clear the config.

The full content of the file should be:

{
  "tts": {
    "mimic": {
      "path":"/usr/local/bin/mimic"
    }
  },
  "SkillInstallerSkill": {
    "path": "/usr/local/bin/msm"
  }
}

It is propably my fault, thanks for the full content.

Ciao
Srg