Error with Google TTS

Mark I - Mimic voices work, but when switched to Google TTS, I get the following error in the ‘audio.log’ file…

WARNING  |   862 | mycroft.tts.google_tts:get_supported_langs:76 | Couldn't fetch upto date language codes

Rebooted several times. She has internet. Mimic voices work and return responses.

mycroft-pip upgrading gtts / gtts-token should be sufficient to fix this

Thanks. Will give this a try tonight and report the results.

It’s fixed in the dev branch, @SGee suggestion should do the trick.

Well, bad news. I was able to update GTTS and GTTS-token, but she went to stopped booting at the yellow eyes.

I SSHed in and changed her to the dev branch, same yellow eyes and back to stable, same yellow eyes. Hoping it may just be a bit longer to boot, but she’s been there for 8+ hour’s now.

Check the logs. “She” should be past booting, already started up the services (hanging there) since the pip packages have nothing to do with the boot process.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/bin/mycroft-audio”, line 11, in
load_entry_point(‘mycroft-core==20.8.0’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘mycroft-audio’)()
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 489, in load_entry_point
return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2793, in load_entry_point
return ep.load()
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2411, in load
return self.resolve()
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2417, in resolve
module = import(self.module_name, fromlist=[‘name’], level=0)
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mycroft/init.py”, line 19, in
from mycroft.skills.context import adds_context, removes_context
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mycroft/skills/init.py”, line 21, in
from .mycroft_skill import (MycroftSkill, intent_handler, intent_file_handler,
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mycroft/skills/mycroft_skill/init.py”, line 15, in
from .mycroft_skill import MycroftSkill
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mycroft/skills/mycroft_skill/mycroft_skill.py”, line 40, in
from mycroft.metrics import report_metric
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mycroft/metrics/init.py”, line 24, in
from mycroft.session import SessionManager
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mycroft/session/init.py”, line 17, in
from uuid import uuid4
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.7/site-packages/uuid.py”, line 138
if not 0 <= time_low < 1<<32L:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Checking the python version from SSH shows Python 2.7. Going to see if I can get 3.7 installed again and if it will resolve the issue. Odd v3 would not be the default after the above changes.

in my estimation python3 is calling. Without that it wouldn’t end up looking at …/lib/python3.7/… packages. That syntax error is interesting though.

A cautious suggestion would be to mycroft-pip upgrade uuid. Second pair of eyes (with proper Mark1 insight) would be usefull - since i wouldn’t know abou uuid version restrictions.

I downloaded the latest stable build and re-imaged the SD card. GoogleTTS still not working right, but at least she works with a mimic voice.

Does your error is the same as this one:

Sounds a bit like it. Here is an example of what I was getting…

I would ask, “Hey MyCroft. What’s the weather tomorrow?”
The temperature would flash on the screen, quickly go away and nothing would be said/heard.

So she updated to 20.8.1 and Google TTS is working, but her eyes are staying white rather than going to blue (changing to the other voices, the eyes go to blue). At least she works.