Founders Resignation

Originally published at: Founders Resignation - Mycroft

Dear Mycroft Community,

It is with the utmost respect and regard that I announce Joshua Montgomery and Kris Adair’s resignation from Mycroft AI.

It was Josh’s energy and openness, as much as the compelling mission behind Mycroft, that convinced me to join as CEO two years ago. Mycroft is forever inspired by Josh and Kris’ tenacity, energy, and sheer will to bring their vision of an open, user-respecting voice platform to the world.

Multiple talented individuals, who moved on to start businesses and succeed in their personal pursuits, got their start at Mycroft and were trained by Josh and Kris. It is now time for them to explore new goals and all of us at Mycroft wish them continued success.

As of May 1st, they are helping to transition Mycroft to its next phase. Josh will retain his seat on the Board and we will look at recruiting additional Board Members.

Mycroft’s Mark II privacy-focused voice assistant is just around the corner. I am honored to be their successor and I humbly thank Josh and Kris for their leadership, vision and many years of passion invested in bringing us to this point.

With immense gratitude,

Michael Lewis

2 Likes

Cool thing that Mycroft investors (including me) got this notice through this forum post - not. :frowning:

Speaking of information, for when is the next investor information letter scheduled?

Hey Dom, sorry about that - an email did go out to all investors just prior to this being posted. Are you getting those investor updates each month? If not ping me and I’ll look into it. I’ll also make sure you get copies of all the past updates.

The last investor update I got is December 2020.

Yeah wow - definitely something going wrong there.

I’ll make sure that gets fixed up - and if any other investors are in the same boat please ping me!

Big news, big steps for both Josh+Kris, and Mycroft! Still excited and hopeful for the direction of the project!

Can we have a little more clarity, please? Why did Josh take a back seat, and what is the new dynamic we are supposed to expect?

2 Likes

Hey there, Josh passed on the CEO hat to Michael back in early 2020. He stayed on as “First Officer”, and both he and Kris focused on fundraising and other away missions (no red shirts were harmed!). So this won’t be a big change for our day-to-day operations and he’s going to remain on the Board so will still be contributing from that high level.

1 Like

Hi, the word “resignation” sounds so sad in this context, but in my view, this announcement is a strong statement that Mycroft (the company) further transitions into a sound and solid business. I hope Joshua and Kris will stay active as promoters of open and privacy-focused technology.

Is there a designated person that takes over Joshua’s role as “Mycroft ambassador”?

2 Likes