Getting started with Picroft on Raspberry Pi

Hi, I’m a newbie to Linux and Python, so please be patient. I have picroft installed and I have my Pi registered. However, when I request the time (“Hey Mycroft - What time is it?”) I get:

mycroft.client.speech.listener - WARNING - Access Denied at mycroft.ai.

As I mentioned I am able to register the device (and I have to register at each boot up, that’s another question). But where and what file do I need to edit in order to get a valid connection to mycroft.ai?

Thanks for any help.

Just some more details from my log files. From the mycroft-speech-client.log:
2017-06-07 23:11:48,759 - mycroft.client.speech.mic - DEBUG - Waiting for wake word…

2017-06-07 23:11:49,433 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - https://api.mycroft.ai:443 “GET /v1/auth/token HTTP/1.1” 401 38

2017-06-07 23:11:49,445 - mycroft.client.speech.listener - WARNING - Access Denied at mycroft.ai

So does anyone know why the auth/token is failing and I get the HTTP 401 38 reply?

Thanks,

Can you try a fresh install and re-registering it? Just to verify, the image on this site is the one you’re running?

Hi Karl, I created a new SD card and performed a fresh install. This time everything worked perfectly. Thanks for the help. I look forward to trying to develop new “skills” for Mycroft!
Thanks again

Yeah, I’m not sure what happened. I should have explained my reasoning more, but it sounded like you had an older image combined with a few other issues.

Glad to hear you got it working.

Hi
I’m facing the exact same issue using the picroft image that’s available at the moment: raspbian_Picroft_2018-03-14.zip
What should I do?
Thanks

Hi there @Franck, are you able to confirm for us;

• What model Raspberry Pi you’re using
  • Whether you get asked to Pair your Device at home.mycroft.ai when the Picroft boots up?

Hi Kathy,

I’m using a PI 3.

Yes, my device is correctly paired and the following details are visible in my Mycroft account:

CORE VERSION INSTALLED 18.2.5
ENCLOSURE VERSION INSTALLED 1.3.0

Hi @Franck thanks for confirming. If your device is already paired, and you’re receiving a 401 unauthorised response from the server, it means that the ‘keys’ used for pairing have become unsynchronized. We did have a scheduled server outage yesterday, and this may have caused the issue you’re seeing.

I’d recommend removing the Device and adding it again in home.mycrof.ai to see if that clears the error.

Can you let me know how you go?

I have deleted the device and registered it again. It’s working fine now
Thank you

1 Like

You’re very welcome, @Franck, thanks so much for confirming it’s working now :+1: