Getting started with Picroft on Raspberry Pi

Hi, I’m a newbie to Linux and Python, so please be patient. I have picroft installed and I have my Pi registered. However, when I request the time (“Hey Mycroft - What time is it?”) I get:

mycroft.client.speech.listener - WARNING - Access Denied at

As I mentioned I am able to register the device (and I have to register at each boot up, that’s another question). But where and what file do I need to edit in order to get a valid connection to

Thanks for any help.

Just some more details from my log files. From the mycroft-speech-client.log:
2017-06-07 23:11:48,759 - mycroft.client.speech.mic - DEBUG - Waiting for wake word…

2017-06-07 23:11:49,433 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - “GET /v1/auth/token HTTP/1.1” 401 38

2017-06-07 23:11:49,445 - mycroft.client.speech.listener - WARNING - Access Denied at

So does anyone know why the auth/token is failing and I get the HTTP 401 38 reply?

Can you try a fresh install and re-registering it? Just to verify, the image on this site is the one you’re running?

Hi Karl, I created a new SD card and performed a fresh install. This time everything worked perfectly. Thanks for the help. I look forward to trying to develop new “skills” for Mycroft!
Thanks again

Yeah, I’m not sure what happened. I should have explained my reasoning more, but it sounded like you had an older image combined with a few other issues.

Glad to hear you got it working.