Gutenberg Ebook skill

hi there if any one wants to try my gutenberg ebook skill here it is

sometimes in the next week I will write a script to download individual books to the skill but at the moment it downloads the top 100… but there no need to do that as the skill contains them all ready per-edited for easy listening

1 Like

oops I forgot to update random book section of the skill…
these 3 lines need to be added resets the cnt to 0 and sets the book path incase you pause the book otherwise it plays the last book you choose
denoted #########EBOOK#####

filepath =  (ebook_file)  #after this line
    cnt = 0
    rfile = open("book.dat","w")
    rfile.write(filepath)
    rfile.close()

but i updated github file all should be good – but let me know if it not…

updated Gutenberg-library-skill. - you can now navigate books by chapters. ie go to chapter 12 also if you are downloading books it will automatically try to build a chapter list. if you modify the book and need to rechapter the book just run ./chapter ‘name of book’ and it will set the new position of the chapters .
if the book has an usually structure you can manually set the chapters definition at the end of the book is CSV format for the line#
######CHAPTERS######
3,150,378,598…etc
######END######
length does not matter only that it is single line … it automatically chaptered war and peace that thing has 100’s of chapters in length.

if you wish to upload a specific book just use the single file uploader “gutesingle”
ie ./gutesingle http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/27438/pg27438.txt

it will automatically download a single book and try set the chapters definitions

if you have your own book you wish to upload place your book in a web dir
just place this at top header

*** START OF THIS PROJECT GUTENBERG EBOOK THE TITLE OF YOUR BOOK ***
it will extract the name of book from this and it is required

and run the gutesingle pointed at it web address it will download it, try to build the chapter definition and enter it into the book library all automatically.

okay good luck have fun and happy listen to your books