Hey. It's me. =)

Hidee ho. Name’s Dan. I’ve been lurking for a while now. Figured since I just asked a question in the support area, I should probably be a neighbor and say hello as well.

I started on Mycroft recently after becoming more interested in data privacy and being generally annoyed with creepy, over-entitled tech companies.

Mycroft is super exciting. I jumped on the python bandwagon and even managed to write a cute little skill that reads the astronomy picture of the day description. (Which is impressive for an old guy like me.)

My goals are to get my wife off of Alexa, teach my kids how to install lineage OS, and then solve world hunger.

I like classical guitar, especially Leo Brouwer. My guilty pleasures include Oreos. It’s a pleasure to meet all of you.

Salud!

2 Likes

Hey Dan, welcome to the Forums. Glad you jumped in from the sidelines :smiley:

Great to hear you’re dipping your toes into Skill dev. It’s definitely a gateway, and amazing what you can achieve with even modest Python experience.

I am so on board with the Oreos, but I’m a classic guy, not so sure about all these new fancy flavours they have going on.

1 Like