[Home automation] (kinda) Arduino

Skill name: Arduino-skill

User story:

• I want this Skill to be able to move an Arduino servo motor so that I can achieve control it with my voice

What third party services, data sets or platforms will the Skill interact with?

• Python
  • Arduino + Servo Motor

Are there similar Mycroft Skills already?

I couldn’t find anything similar. As far as I’m aware, I am the first to attempt something like this

What will the user Speak to trigger the Skill?

"Hey Mycroft, move servo motor {`1-180°}
ie - Hey Mycroft, move servo motor 50 degrees

"Hey Mycroft, reset servo motor

What phrases will Mycroft Speak?

Servo motor has been moved to {1-180°}

Servo motor has been reset

What Skill Settings will this Skill need to store?

• The default angle of the motor when it is reset or any other presets that could be added like max or min angles

Uses?

• I want to use the motors to control an arm to hold a mic, so I can position it with my voice
    *It could be used for display, being able to rotate something with your voice would be useful in that case
    *Rotating a webcam at will, maybe even away from you for privacy without having to manually adjust it

forgive my horrible formatting, I’m new to all this
And please correct me if i put this in the wrong category or something like that

Progress
I’ve been able to write some of the coding for this, but I am yet to receive my Arduino in the mail, I’ll update once it comes.

2 Likes

Hi!
I want to do the same and I can’t find a connection solution :cry: Did you manage to do this?

Arduino supports MQTT so that is how i would approach it, skill would be pretty straight forward.
For what it is worth i controlled a full size fanuc robot connected to a Rockwell plc to hand out business cards via Mycroft once.:grin: