HomeAssistant skill can't load distant settings

Hi

So, I’m back after a few days not touching my Mycroft… I was a little frustrated actually.
I’ve got everything back in working order EXCEPT for the skill I need the most… At first I thought this was due to the server problems that were reported a few days ago so I decided to wait, but I still get this:

18:55:23.083 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:106 - INFO - ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: HomeAssistantSkill with ID -3331809641323970491
18:55:32.635 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:143 - ERROR - Failed to load skill: HomeAssistantSkill
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/seb/mycroft-core/mycroft/skills/core.py", line 115, in load_skill
skill = skill_module.create_skill()
File "/opt/mycroft/skills/HomeAssistantSkill/__init__.py", line 598, in create_skill
return HomeAssistantSkill()
File "/opt/mycroft/skills/HomeAssistantSkill/__init__.py", line 166, in __init__
self._setup()
File "/opt/mycroft/skills/HomeAssistantSkill/__init__.py", line 192, in _setup
if (self.ha.find_component('conversation') and
File "/opt/mycroft/skills/HomeAssistantSkill/__init__.py", line 127, in find_component
timeout=TIMEOUT)
File "/home/seb/.virtualenvs/mycroft/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 70, in get
return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
File "/home/seb/.virtualenvs/mycroft/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 56, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/home/seb/.virtualenvs/mycroft/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 474, in request
prep = self.prepare_request(req)
File "/home/seb/.virtualenvs/mycroft/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 407, in prepare_request
hooks=merge_hooks(request.hooks, self.hooks),
File "/home/seb/.virtualenvs/mycroft/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 302, in prepare
self.prepare_url(url, params)
File "/home/seb/.virtualenvs/mycroft/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 385, in prepare_url
raise InvalidURL("Invalid URL %r: No host supplied" % url)
InvalidURL: Invalid URL u'http://:8123/api/components': No host supplied

It’s like it can’t fetch the distant settings for some reason…
When I check in my account the settings seem to be saved, however if I log out and then back in, most of the time they’re gone - so the problem might be with the actual settings and not with my installation… Not sure honestly.
Any suggestions?

My colleague @forslund will be able to confirm @Old-Lodge-Skins, however I think this is because of the switch to Python 3. The Home Assistant Skill hasn’t yet been updated to Python 3; unfortunately the Community Developer who wrote it is unavailable to maintain it; we’re discussing internally what the way forward is for this Skill. Appreciate your patience, I totally know how frustrating it is. Hopefully we won’t need to do a change as big as this anytime soon!

1 Like

The thing is I’m on the Python 2.7 version for now… I installed from the stable git repository 4-5 days ago…

Ah, we dropped the 18.2.6b release about 3 days ago

I wish I knew Python I would port it myself… But I don’t.
I don’t see what I can do here but wait…

From the look of it this isn’t related to python 3 (since it’s running on the old python2.7 virtualenv)

I would check the settings.json in the skills folder and check if the required parameter is found there. If it is found there is some issue with the skill loading the value. Otherwise it’s either some issue with the settings fetching mechanism or something wrong with the settingsmeta.json

1 Like

The first thing I always try with json is to make sure that it’s valid json with an online linter.

Pretty sure this is the same skill I had this same issue with. Not sure why it didn’t retrieve the remote settings properly, but I ended up just hard-coding the HomeAssistant connection info in the relevant json file in the skill.