Mycroft Community Forum

How long of a time should it take to update a Mark I

Is there a time frame when an update has been ‘too long’?

I have told MyCroft to update to the latest version 3 days in a row. She said she is downloading it in the background, it might take a while, but should be running the latest version ‘soon’. Last night, I rebooted her and her eyes went yellow and they have been yellow since.

This is an update from 20.0.3 -> 20.0.4 as I keep her on the latest versions.

Hey Randy, there’s an issue with the Mark 1 update service at the moment, caused by the expiration of a root SSL certificate.

It is possible to do a work around on the device but we’d advise to just hold on until we’ve resolved it properly.

Hey Randy, this has been resolved, let me know if you’re still seeing any issues.

Looks like she is OK now, with a twist. I asked her today what version she was on. She let me know and that I wasn’t on the latest version and did I want to update. I told her ‘No’. She said ‘OK’ and a while later she rebooted and was on the latest version.

I like her to update, but since I said ‘no’, she really shouldn’t have (but I am glad she did).

The no response would have been honoured in terms of not updating immediately, however it doesn’t currently turn off future automatic minor updates. Major updates eg 19.8.9 > 20.4.0 require user confirmation.

Will have a think about how we should handle this.