ImportError: No module named speech_recognition when start Mycroft project

Hey froum mems
Now i am trying build mycroft in ubuntu 16
But somethings woring after i started mycroft

I said that " No module named speech_recognition" but when i check : pip list , it show i installed speech_recognition
Capture
When setup mycroft that i skipped install Mimic , does that make effect project and make error ?
Capture

Plz help me
Tks :smile:

Hi there @nguyenhungsync, in order to help troubleshoot could you please let me know what sort of hardware youā€™re running on - that looks like an Orange Pi, is that right? And itā€™s running Ubuntu 16.04?

While Iā€™m not familiar enough with the specifics here to say for sure, the fact that itā€™s looking for speech_recognition rather than SpeechRecongition may be part of the issue there? Even if itā€™s case-insensitive (which I donā€™t know one way or the other), that _ would still make a difference, Iā€™d imagine.

1 Like

@KathyReid yes, i am using Orange Pi and running ubuntu 16

speech_recognition or SpeechRecongition , both of them i tested but error

They are one and the same.
Quickstart: pip install SpeechRecognition. See the ā€œInstallingā€ section for more details.
To quickly try it out, run python -m speech_recognition after installing.

1 Like

Hi @nguyenhungsync, I havenā€™t seen this error before, because we donā€™t recommend the Orange Pi as recommended hardware for Picroft. Even so, I will sill try to assist you the best I can.

From memory, the Speech_Recognition package requires Python 3.3 or higher. Mycroft is built around Python 2.7 - although weā€™ll be moving to Python 3x later in the year.

If you do pip install speech_recognition what happens?

Best, Kathy

Oh, that reminds meā€¦ I remember reading someplace that you can specify which Python you want pip to interact with when you have multiple versions installed by replacing pip in the command with pip2 or pip2.7 (apparently it varies which one you need to use between different OS variants? IIRC when I was trying (and failing) to install things in Cygwin I used pip2 quite a bit.) not sure how much that helps, but I figure it canā€™t hurt to try it if other things donā€™t work out first.