Installer error in latter parts of setup.sh

I searched but couldn’t find any recent posts related to this error.

I’ve done this a dozen or more times over the last year and just recently ran into this error. Not sure why it’s failing. I’m doing a setup on a Raspberry PI 4, running the most recent buster lite image. I did a

wget -N https://rawgit.com/MycroftAI/enclosure-picroft/stretch/home/pi/update.sh

and then invoked with bash ./update.sh as the pi user. It was all going well until the last stages when the following error was put to the screen:

Creating /var/log/mycroft/ directory
Build complete.  Press any key to review the output before it is deleted.

Retrieving default skills
    mkdir: cannot create directory '/opt/mycroft': File exists
    INFO - building SkillEntry objects for all skills
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/pi/mycroft-core/.venv/bin/msm", line 11, in <module>
        sys.exit(main())
      File "/home/pi/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/msm/__main__.py", line 97, in main
        args.platform, args.skills_dir, repo, args.versioned
      File "/home/pi/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/msm/mycroft_skills_manager.py", line 111, in __init__
        self._init_skills_data()
      File "/home/pi/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/msm/mycroft_skills_manager.py", line 247, in _init_skills_data
        self.write_device_skill_state()
      File "/home/pi/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/msm/mycroft_skills_manager.py", line 355, in write_device_skill_state
        write_device_skill_state(data)
      File "/home/pi/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/msm/skill_state.py", line 27, in write_device_skill_state
        with open(skill_state_path, 'w') as skill_state_file:
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/pi/.mycroft/skills.json'

Not very many chances of me making an error at this point, not sure how to correct this.

Any help is much appreciated.

Jody

Hi Jody,

Can I confirm you are using the Raspbian Buster Lite image and then following the Picroft image recipe to set up your own system?

I noticed that the script you fetched was from the stretch branch of Picroft rather than buster. There are some slight differences between them, so this might be all you need to get it going:

wget -N https://rawgit.com/MycroftAI/enclosure-picroft/buster/home/pi/update.sh

Yes I’m using buster lite image, and the PiCroft image recipe.

I’ll give your suggested change a try this morning, I bet you’re right. Didn’t notice the buster reference in the URL.

1 Like