Installing on Kubuntu 18.04 Beta - python-gobject-dev?

Hello Mycroftians!

I’m trying to get Mycroft (and the KDE Desktop Widget) set up. I’m currently running Kubuntu 18.04 Beta 1 and running into an issue. When I try to execute ‘dev_setup.sh’ from the ‘mycroft-core’ directory, I get an error regarding the ‘python-gobject-dev’ package:

Package python-gobject-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
      python-gobject-2-dev

E: Package 'python-gobject-dev' has no installation candidate

But it appears that Mycroft isn’t happy with ‘python-gobject-2-dev’… it won’t proceed with setup.

Any suggestions? Or do I have to resign myself to the fact that K18.04 isn’t yet a suitable platform?

Hey seems like a package is missing or has been renamed could you try “sudo apt-cache search python-gobject” and check for a similar package name. If you find a similar package rename it in the dev_setup.sh and re run the script

It seems like python-gobject-dev has been deprecated in Kubuntu 18.04, in favor of python-gobject-2-dev.

I realized what a foolish question I posted, and did exactly what you recommended. I actually removed 'python-gobject-dev` from the install script, since I’d replaced it by manually installing the new version. For some reason, I had a total brain cramp and overlooked the fact that this was just a list of packages; nothing magical.

Mycroft is now speaking to me and answering my questions.

Sorry for not following up on this myself. Like I said - it was a temporary loss of reason that made me post it in the first place!