Kickstarter and Indiegogo backers: shipments start Sept 2022

Originally published at: Kickstarter and Indiegogo backers: shipments start Sept 2022 - Mycroft

We sent out a newsletter recently that buried the lead for backers, our apologies we should have been more clear. The lead should have been “We’re starting shipments to backers in September.”

Crowdfunding backers DO NOT need to make any additional purchases to receive their Mark II perks. Your unit(s) will be shipped to you just as soon as they are off the production line.

To make cash-flow work ( i.e. to not run out of money while in production ) we’re going to simultaneously ship both crowdfunded units and newly sold units. Why? Because we need funds from newly sold units to make production work from a cash flow basis.

FAQ

We’ve gotten a bunch of questions from backers and though we’ve been able to answer many of them directly, we want to address the most common questions here:

Do I need to pre-order the Mark II to receive a unit?

No.

I’ve been waiting 4 years. Why do new orders get precedent over my backer reward/perk?

New orders are not getting precedence. We are shipping both at the same time.

Though we’d love to ship crowdfunding perks first, we have to ship both new orders and crowdfunded perks simultaneously to make production work financially.

I am a backer. Where is my reservation code?

Kickstarter/Indiegogo Backers and Reservation Holders are two different things. Reservation Holders made a $1 deposit on the Mycroft Store to be notified when the Mark II came for sale and to receive a spot in line to purchase the Mark II at the current cost ($299). Some Kickstarter/Indiegogo Backers ALSO made the $1 deposit to reserve a spot to purchase the Mark II. Doing so would result in receiving 2 Mark II’s – one as a pre-order and one as a reward/perk. However, backing Mycroft did not automatically give you a reservation.

Can I get a refund?

As the folks at Kickstarter are quick to point out, Kickstarter is not a store. Kickstarter and Indiegogo backers help to make projects financially possible and, if things go to plan, get perks as a reward.

Funds from the campaign were spent on software development, hardware development, fundraising, legal, and overhead. Production will be funded on the margins from new sales. We can’t do refunds.

1 Like

It’s November now and I still haven’t seen anything. What gives?

Hello Mycroft team,
I’m glad to see your progress in starting shipping long needed product you make. I’m an Indiegogo backer #665. Could you let me know how can I update my shipping address because it has changed during the past 4 years :slight_smile:

The current shipment status page is linked there: Mark II Production Status - Mycroft

2nd sheet on the shipment status workbook says:

Every 10th batch is reserved for Kickstarter/IGG backers.

In december, there were roughly always 20 devices made per work day.

I’m backer #453 on IndieGoGo, so when only counting IndieGoGo backers, it will take 46 weeks until the shipment of my mark 2 will be made - adding problems and holidays, it will be december or january 2024.

@Yatsenko you’re #665, so it’ll take at least 66 weeks until your unit will be shipped. And since we do not know how IndieGoGo and Kickstarter backers are interleaved, it can be much later.

@gez-mycroft @J_Montgomery_Mycroft @alan-mycroft @eric-mycroft Why hasn’t the Mark II Production Status been updated since December 17th, 2022? Does this mean that Mycroft has stopped shipping Mark IIs? :face_with_thermometer:

Hi there, it’s been Christmas and New Years so we’ve had a number of the team on leave but shipments have continued.

The shipments for the remainder of 2022 have been updated in the sheet and most of the team are back on deck this week.

3 Likes

Friday Jan. 13th Michael Lewis wrote in Mattermost:

1:44 PM

We had a short interruption in some of the parts, so I believe there will be one more shipment going out, then there will be a delay until the beginning of February. You will get a notification as soon as we know your unit will not ship in the expected month.