Skill name: change-language
As a user that want to test or develop or use Mycroft for the 1st time,
I want it to talk using my home language without having manual configuration to do,
in order to enjoy mycroft even if I’m not fluent in English
What third party services, data sets or platforms will the Skill interact with?
External resources required to install a language, such as described for example in:
Are there similar Mycroft Skills already?
Could not find any
What will the user Speak to trigger the Skill?
- Let’s talk in [Language name]
- Change language to [language name]
What phrases will Mycroft Speak?
- Are you sure you want us to discuss in [language] ?
- Sorry, this language is not available yet
- I will now be speaking in [Language]. To go back to English, just say “Let’s talk in English”
What Skill Settings will this Skill need to store?
- Language selection
Even if other languages are not ready yet / stable, I think it would greatly improve adoption and even development now.
- As a tech user that just wanted to test it using docker, I cannot see where we’re at for my home language without doing full installation and configuration,
- As a non-tech user that does not speak english well, I won’t be able to do anything fun with it, not even asking for the time or weather…
Ideas and opinions are welcome!
Have a good day