Logitech EasyCall USB mic/speaker

Hello all, I’m having intermittent success with what looks like a great option, especially seeing as I had it on hand. The Logitech easycall is a usb powered mic/speaker standalone unit, with bluetooth or rf keyboard receiver I believe, and with the latest stretch-lightning image on a pi 3 I actually had the mic and speaker functioning fully, for a time, however it seems to have picked up updates during a reboot and once again it’s not working. But it did, which means it can, so I’ll keep plugging away on it, but I wanted to say hello and ask if anyone had similar experiences?
Thanks,
Dos

Can you run “aplay -l” and see what it tells you?

Apologies if I messed it up, wasn’t sure what you were looking for, so I typed the returned data in verbatim below after running setup but before reboot (speaker is working at this moment, and I have a logitech usb mic plugged in, which seemed to get the ball rolling last time but wasn’t the mic being sourced by the software)

===After reboot and removal of logitech standalone mic, but with the logitech easycall still connected to the pi: ===

card 0:ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 7/7
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

(through #6)
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: Speakerphone [EasyCall Speakerphone], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
card 2: sndrpigooglevoi [snd_rpi_googlevoicehat_soundcar], device 0: Google voiceHAT SoundCard HiFi voicehat-hifi-0 []

=== after setup, but before reboot and unplugging the extra usb mic ===

card 2:ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 7/7

(through #6)
card 2: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
card 3: sndrpigooglevoi [snd_rpi_googlevoicehat_soundcar1], device 0: Google voiceHAT SoundCard HiFi voicehat-hifi-0 []

Is this installed on an AIY pi?

No, just a Pi 3 B v1.2

card 2: sndrpigooglevoi [snd_rpi_googlevoicehat_soundcar], device 0: Google voiceHAT SoundCard HiFi voicehat-hifi-0 []

Suggests it’s got a google aiy voice hat attached.

I think you’ll need to figure out which sound device you want to use, set the asound.conf to use that (in /etc), and leave it be.

Ok, thanks, I’ll start with a fresh image and play it safe. I found the instructions on outputting audio through USB, I’ll start there.