Looking for C Developers to Help Solve a Hard Problem!

Hello Everyone!

Are you a great C Developer who loves solving hard problems and is up for a challenge? Do you like staying until the wee hours working on that awesome feature you just HAVE to finish? Well, have I got a project for you!

We are pulling in Community members to help us work on a TTS (Text-to-Speech) library, and we want some awesome C developers to help us improve the Flite (Festival Lite) codebase to meet our needs.

Already @Nicholas_Peterson has volunteered to help, so we have pulled him in to help lead the effort. If there are any others who are interested, I encourage them to post here or ping me via Direct Message.

To put this into perspective, this is kind of an exploratory mission in order to see if we can make Flite fit our needs, if we can make it work, this would allow us to move away from 3rd party TTS services and focus on a powerful open source solution.

2 Likes

what is the scope and what part of flite

Hey @Marian_Smith, we are simply working to make improvements to the codebase anywhere we can. Take a look at the project at: https://github.com/MycroftAI/mimic

A bit of details about debugging/testing setup please. Can i work on linux VM or windows without any special hardware? Have you identified the hard problem(s)?