Mark 1 eyes roll forever

Mycroft appears have become a bit slower to start, and now displays rolling eyes continuously and the mouth never appears. The menus ILLUM, et al, still appear, and TEST runs through its set of routines okay… I think. The OFF and REBOOT menu choices do not appear to work.

I can still SSH in, and still Mycroft still listens and speaks.

(Earlier today he was displaying the time continuously, but no longer.)

$ uname -a
Linux mark_1 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
$ lsb_release --all
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Raspbian
Description:	Raspbian GNU/Linux 8.0 (jessie)
Release:	8.0
Codename:	jessie
$ dpkg -l mycroft-core
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  mycroft-core   0.8.20       armhf        mycroft-core

After upgrading to 0.8.20 I had the same issue. After ssh ing in and reboot with sudo reboot I could perform reboot via Button and menü and no longer rolling eyes. But after asking for the time, the time is displayed constantly.

I filed an issue on GitHub yesterday, and received a suggestion this morning. But the problem has disappeared on its own.

I haven’t altered the config file. Whatever the problem was, it happened consistently yesterday across power cycling the machine (unplugging it completely). However, this morning the eyes are stable, the mouth is working, etc. It seems he was having a bad day?

I just started having the same issue, except I cannot ssh into my Mark 1. It just froze, and when I selected reboot from the top button, it slipped into its eyeroll coma.

The time being display constantly is a new update with the date time skill. It leverage the new display manager feature. You can find more about it here

@tikhon try to reboot it by unplugging it and plugging it in. If it’s not fix you may need to re-image your sd card unfortunately :confused:

You can get the image here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_kLZyk84iy_QXAyazFaaDNsS1U/view

Then you need to have an imaging tool
I like this one https://etcher.io/.

stick an sd card into the computer, and etcher should automatically detect it.

After the re-image, make sure to update your mycroft.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install mycroft-core

You should now be at the latest version.

1 Like

You should just need to unplug it, wait 10 seconds, and plug it in again.

1 Like

Thanks! I will have to re-image, it appears. I like etcher too.

What sd card? The one from in mycroft?

The sd card is only valid for mark 1 and picrofts implementations of Mycroft. If you are on the Mark 1, open it up and you can find it sitting in the pi at the bottom.

Thanks. I found it. Will try now