Mark 1 LED Matrices/LED Matrix

Hi all,

Best examples of programming the LED Matrix/Matrices on the face of the Mark 1?

I would like to show simple images vs. text/numbers.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi @gov - some alpha documentation on this here:
https://github.com/MycroftAI/docs-rewrite/blob/70a72facd4a72f9951d84b8eb0657c925fc071fe/_drafts/Skill-Display-Control.md

Feedback warmly welcomed.

Kathy,

Thank you I will check it out!

Greg

1 Like

Ok, here we go . . . some observations with my Mark 1 Matrix display so far:

1. In order to print text to the Matrix, I needed to deactivate the mouth as seen from this
    code segment from skill-ip:

def handle_intent(self, message):
             self.speak("Here are my available I.P. addresses.")
             self.enclosure.deactivate_mouth_events()
              . . .       

self.enclosure.mouth_text(address)
                         time.sleep((self.LETTERS_PER_SCREEN + len(address)) *
                                    self.SEC_PER_LETTER)
             self.enclosure.activate_mouth_events()
             self.speak("Those are all my I.P. addresses.")

2. I am not able to get an “image” on the matrix, looking at my mycroft-skill.log file:

2017-11-26 16:53:31,912 - mycroft.skills.core - ERROR - An error occurred while processing a request in SmartEyeSkill
     Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.8.17-py2.7.egg/mycroft/skills/core.py", line 251, in receive_handler
         handler(message)
     File "/opt/mycroft/skills/skill-smart-eye/__init__.py", line 102, in handle_describe_intent
         self.take_picture()
       File "/opt/mycroft/skills/skill-smart-eye/__init__.py", line 141, in take_picture
         self.enclosure.mouth_display(img_code="aIAAAAMPHIFIHLMMMMELGIGIMPA", refresh=False)
     AttributeError: EnclosureAPI instance has no attribute 'mouth_display'

hopefully I’ve made some inane spelling error or something, but so far no go on this . . .anyone see anything here?

1. I have successfully attached and used the rasp pi camera to the Mark 1, but in order to get the clarifai api to work, I need to uninstall PIL, which is used to generate images from PNG files by the Mark 1, so I think I “broke” some skills using this library :frowning:

@gov check out the datetime skill https://github.com/MycroftAI/skill-date-time. It has examples of how to program to the matrix.

1 Like