Mark 1 Version Check

How can I find out what version my Mark 1 is on? Should it automatically update it’s core and if it is not on the current version can you give the procedure for that?

You can do this command apt list --installed |grep mycroft-core. Or cd into where mycroft is installed cd /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-*

2 Likes

Thank you I discovered my Mark 1 is at 8.17 and should be at 8.19. Can you advise how to upgrade?

Mark 1 should auto upgrade, but there is a bug in 0.8.17 that prevents it to do so. We have a patch for that in form of a skill. https://github.com/MycroftAI/skill-platform-patch. To use the skill, ask Mycroft to download platform patch, then say hey myrcoft... platform patch. You can also just type this into your Mark 1 command line. sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys F3B1AA8B which is pretty much what that skill does. Now your Mark 1 should check nightly to upgrade to the newest version. To manually install the newest version you can type in sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install mycroft-core.

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Thank you - the manual commands worked and the reported version is now 8.20.

1 Like