Mark 2 Ideation

Yes!! more ways to custom your capabilities can just increase the fun! “capturing moments in your home” type of scenarios for pets maybe “the patio light turns on when my god passes throughout at night”

Some thoughts off the top of my head:

• No more wall warts! Put the brick in the middle of the cord if you must, but electrical outlets are prime real estate. Don’t be greedy.
  • an ON button (or in-line switch on the cord)
  • Bluetooth headset or other way of providing voice commands at a distance
  • respond to and/or generate DTMF or other tone sequences:
  • “pass code” unlocking
  • better interpretation in a noisy environment with multiple conversations
  • custom alarms / alerts
  • wall mount (with a different orientation for the “face plate” / visual status indicators)
  • choices for case color
  • Wacky thought: A Rust-based OS when someone gets one written. :wink:

Mycroft must have a British accent obviously!!

Of course, good news for you! We are currently working on our American Female, American Male and… British Female voice! Eventually we will also have a British Male voice.

Our American Female voice is going to be released first and her name is Trinity. :raised_hands: :slight_smile:

Question of the day!
What are the TOP 3 things your Open Source Assistant needs to do very well?

Hey all, I can tell you we are definitely working on improving the following:

Microphone quality
Sound quality
Barge-in capability

Thanks for the suggestions. Accessories, wall mounts, color options, a smaller unit are all great ideas!

Honestly, I really like the Mark 1 and all I really want is some refinement. Top wish being a better and longer range microphone. Better audio quality/volume. That’s about it for he hardware.

To be extra honest. I don’t really care if you do anything different other than a better mic. What would really be the best is throwing everything you can at improving the software and increasing the number of skills.

I should be able to change the name easily to whatever I want to call it.

If you can integrate SAPI voices, I already own some.

Offline voice recognition is imperative. Google made a proof of concept that’s only 26MB… Ask me for the link to the article…

Here is your edge: IR and RF receivers and transmitters - so Mycroft can take command of my existing dumb appliances.

Get Bluetooth going… Multipoint Bluetooth. Multi, multi multi point… Bluetooth speakers, Bluetooth mics… many devices simultaneously… Make it a Bluetooth hub… All my home automation tinkering so far has been with Bluetooth not IOT and I’ve done that because IOT can be hacked from the other side of the world, Bluetooth can only be hacked within Bluetooth range…

I like the idea of being able to tell mycroft to turn my tv on and change the input.

Controlling stuff via Bluetooth and IR are great ideas!

@steve.penrod @forslund

Hope yo see this. Not sure exactly what the SAPI voices are, but interesting as you guys are working on voices.

I also agree with the BT hub.

Can I get said link to that article?

Thanks for the input everyone. From my perspective:

1. Array microphone with beam forming and barge in capability.
  2. Better speaker quality ( proper volume for speaker selection ).
  3. Screen.

I’ve given these requests to the design team ( Derick, David and Aura ) and am really excited to see what they come up with.

Turns out I was wrong…
21MB… Lol

https ://

SAPI voices are ready made voices that can be purchased through companies like CeraProc. They are developed for use with Microsoft COM (component object model) Speech API. Because I am not a developer I have zero concept of the difference between that architecture and what Mycroft is built on, or whether the two are compatible or adaptable. But I already own a few of these voices I purchased from CeraProc, so it would be convenient if I could use those with Mycroft.

Quite impressive. The biggest issue I see is the system they’ve implemented has a fairly limited dictionary. They also run on a nexus 5 for the testing, which has 2x the ram and about 2x the cpu power…which undoubtedly helps. Wonder if they’re using the gpu parts for that as well. Most pi-type boards don’t have similar capabilities yet, but hopefully that changes.

Thanks for pointing me to this @nate-mycroft. This is a very interesting suggestion, I’ve not looked at this system in any detail but it may be possible to integrate in the Mycroft infrastructure despite SAPI beeing closely liked to the Windows platform.

There are some implementations that may be useable, I will continue to investigate.

…adjust or mute the volume, operate my window blinds, or my air conditioner, anything with a remote… :wink:

@owdha I know we have talked about this, but wanted to document here too. For some reason when I got my echo, I immediately put it in my kitchen, but when I brought home Mark 1, I just instinctively put it in my home office. It just felt right. So I would love to see a form factor that builds on that. Although my desk is probably the messiest one around, I tend to like devices that help me curb the overwhelming demand on my real estate of my desk. So things like built in chargers/USB hub, or even docking type features seem good to me. ( I know I am in the minority probably, but just wanted to put it out there) I would love it to be one of those things that anytime someone comes to my desk they ask me about it, or try and talk to it.

I have a few suggestions:

I know it has been mentioned multiple times but better range for a Mic and voice recognition is paramount.
I would love to be able to use it in much larger rooms.

I like the idea of having multiple types or cases.

A larger one with a bigger screen and camera,
A smaller one with indicator lights.
I would suggest a third one that sells for cheaper and that is just the case. Say I already have bought several PIs I would love to be able to buy just the case you all have and integrate existing hardware.

I’m still really new to Myocroft so I can’t make too many other suggestions, due to the fact that you may already do a lot of what I want to see and do with Myocroft. Such as integration with chromecast to play youtube videos. I’ll find out as I play and make more suggestion based on the capabilities I want :wink: