Mark 2 Will Not Power On

Replacement SJ-201 boards do exist, in stock, and emailing support@mycroft.ai is the right thing to do. It may take longer than usual to get a reply, but that’s the correct address and a fix should be possible. Hope that helps!

Thanks, that is good information to know. I contacted support through the web portal and through email. Hopefully I hear something back. It has been a few weeks since my Mark II has been down.

2 Likes

Same problem here :frowning_face:

The powerbrick is supplying 12.3 V, but all measures in the SJ 201 are zero, except between the legs of the DC barrel power jack, which oscillate between 0.4 and 0.7. Is that normal?

NeonClary, since you have some idea on the boards existing, do you know what “longer than usual” might be? I still haven’t heard anything. Thanks!

I’ll see if I can find anything out. Sorry about the wait! Are you doing dev work for / with your device as well as just using its existing skills?

I wouldn’t call what I’m doing dev work. I’m using Mycroft on Linux and use it for Home Assistant, have the Mimic 3 on a local docker container. I would like to use Neon and edit the wake word, get HA working, along with mapping to the mimic container. So above normal use but not writing code.

1 Like

I have been submitting some patches:

I wanted to keep contributing fixing language issues. Like translating GitHub - NeonGeckoCom/skill-alerts: Alerts Skill Repository to es

Next thing: connecting to home assistant, https://valetudo.cloud/ and exploring GitHub - jerryjliu/llama_index: LlamaIndex (GPT Index) is a project that provides a central interface to connect your LLM's with external data.

1 Like

@NeonClary any news on this? Is there anything we can do to repair them?

1 Like

Officially confirmed it’s my SJ201, unfortunately, since that’s the one part I can’t easily replace :confused:

I put in an additional query, but don’t have any updates yet. We need a replacement board for one of ours as well. I’ll post here with a tag to all concerned once we have any news.

Love your contribution plans!

2 Likes

Thank you @NeonClary

Is there any chance the specs of the SJ201 could be updated? I am investigating the problem with the help of a friend, but the documentation is version 8 and my board seems to be version 10

Looks like the rev 10 changes were added to the repo in October

1 Like

Right! I can see the commits:

I was confused by the README

Thank you @ChanceNCounter !

It has been a long time since my board went bad and I submitted support requests.

I am not sure who to contact for support other than this message board. If replacement boards exist, where are they? Someone must have them or there must be a place I can order one.

Has anyone determined a root cause and a fix if the boards cannot be replaced? Thank you.

1 Like

Sadly, no one at this forum has access to replacement boards. With Gez’s departure and Michael Lewis seemingly refusing to show himself, MycroftAI, Inc. is completely absent here.

There are a number of users waiting for support that has not been forthcoming. We likewise grow impatient. I think the best we can do right now is ask @NeonClary to ask her boss to ask Mycroft’s lawyer to ask Michael to answer the phone.

2 Likes

We’re doing our best on this front. I’ll update everyone with any knowledge I acquire or options I come up with.
(There’s only Michael at Mycroft AI now, no other staff, including no lawyers. The Mark IIs are assembled and shipped by a third party.)

At some point it would be great to have a replacement board but in the meanwhile, if there is a faulty component that can be user replaced, that would be great. That is if anyone can figure out what the root cause is.

1 Like

@atd @knox @mikejgray Looks like I may have something for you about the boards on Monday.

5 Likes

Any updates? :slightly_smiling_face: My Mark 2 is staring forlornly from the shelf

I called earlier, and am promised a response in the morning tomorrow. Hopefully that will result in boards heading my way, which I can then send out to you and the other couple of folks who need them.

3 Likes