Mycroft Community Forum

Mark II Dev Kit Start up Error Messages

Hi;

My Mark II Dev Kit is assembled, the Rasberry Mycroft OS image USB drive is inserted and the Mark II is cabled to my PC.

When I power up I get this summary of error messages:

usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb usb2-port1: Cannot enable. …
Setup ERROR: setup address command for slot 1
usb 1-1: device not accepting address 4, error -22

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the Mark II Dev Kit.

Does the boot sequence complete and these are error messages you see along the way, or does it display the errors and then stop?

We have seen these types of messages on some of the newer Raspberry Pi’s. My assumption is that they’re using a newer Pi firmware but so far haven’t seen any actual problems in using the device so haven’t taken time to dig into what’s going on.

Can I clarify a few other things:

Gez; Thanks for responding back. Much appreciated.

  • First to clarify my statement “the Mark II is cabled to me PC”: I simply meant I left connected a USB port on the MARK II Rasberry Pi to a USB port on my PC. I have since disconnected it

  • So now with the MARK II disconnected from my PC I again powered it up. It corrects to my WiFi (or at least it seems to be!) but I’m still getting errors in the following sequence:

device descriptor read/64, error -71 (repeated 4X)
Setup ERROR: setup address command for slo
device not accepting address 4, error -22
… more

The Mark II does boot and I get a pairing code. I enter it at account.mycroft.ai/pair but it seems stuck and does not actually pair.

Mark

Hey Mark,

We’ve discovered an issue in the latest stable release, where the Pairing Code didn’t update properly. Once you have a network connection it will automatically update, so if you reboot your device it should pair now.

The kernel messages we’re still investigating.

Hey Mark - there seems to be a different issue that’s popped up with pairing on the Mark II - investigating it now.

Gez;

Thanks for the heads up. Please keep me informed on this.

Hi Mark, this has been resolved.

There was a bug introduced into one of the Pantacor API endpoints that failed to report the update channel for the device. This data is expected during pairing so was failing.

We’ve fixed the immediate problem and looking at ways to improve our error reporting so we catch any future regressions more quickly.

Let me know if you have any more trouble getting your device setup.