Microft on Rpi3B+ doesnt recognize sound

Hi Team,

I had Mycroft on my Rpi 3 B+ for the last 1 year. It was working as expected till recent update.
Below is the summary of what is happening:

I started my Mycroft last weekend and it didnt respond to wake words are anything. So I started it up again in debug mode and now I see that microphone levels at zero. So I thought something is wrong with the hardware. So I started mycroft with audiotest and it played me back the sounds I said (so hardware is good). But was the error I got on the console. Not sure why I am getting this and not sure how this is affecting microphone input to mycroft. Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ~/mycroft-core/start-mycroft.sh audiotest
Initializing…
Starting audiotest

== STARTING TO RECORD, MAKE SOME NOISE! ==

===========================================================
== DONE RECORDING, PLAYING BACK… ==

19:14:25.384 - mycroft.configuration.config:init:153 - ERROR - RequestException fetching remote location:
19:14:25.395 - mycroft.configuration.config:init:173 - ERROR - Failed to fetch remote configuration: TypeError("‘str’ object does not support item assignment",)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/mycroft-core/mycroft/configuration/config.py”, line 158, in init
setting[“location”] = location
TypeError: ‘str’ object does not support item assignment

I deleted all the setup I had for Mycroft and reinstalled (from git). This worked not sure why my setup got corrupted!!

Thanks,
Sarath.D

Hi Sarath,

We made significant changes to the backend including how settings are stored and transferred. So my assumption is that this has caused the issue and for some reason Mycroft was unable to overwrite them.

Glad it’s working now though :slight_smile: