I finally found the time to assemble the Mycroft AI Dev Kit. Camera, speakers, fan, touch screen are all working fine. However, I get no reaction on any “Hey mycroft” command.
Where is the microphone located on the Mark 2 dev kit? Could I have missed an essential cable?
Debugging steps that I did via ssh:
- Interact with mycroft via mycroft-cli-client → works
- Try to record and playback some sound: “arecord -d 5 test-mic.wav” followed by “aplay test-mic.wav” → no output
- Check alsamixer → microphone on full volume
- Try to create a loopback with “pactl load-module module-loopback” → no output
- Try to record and playback: “hey mycroft, record for 1 minute” (“Recording audio for fifty nine seconds”) “hey mycroft, play recording” (answer: “Just one moment while I look for that” and then in a different voice: “Sorry, I don’t know how to play recording”)
Am I missing something? Are there other debugging steps I could take?
PS: Not sure if its worth to create different threads for these things. When I write “hey mycroft” in the cli Mycroft gives me a description of the Google assistant. What’s the point of this?