Mimic3 on linux phone

Hi I was wondering if I can install and use mimic3 on Librem5 (or pinephone)
I see it’s working on ARM64 and Bullseye (PureOS is based on Bullseye) so it’s seems possible.

Thanks

I haven’t tried Mimic3 either device, but I have installed and gotten Mycroft on a Pinephone. I would guess it’s possible to get Mimic3 running, but it’s probably not going to be a good experience. Mycroft with an original Mimic voice was extremely slow on the PinePhone. It did work though. Mimic3 needs more resources still, and so even though I expect that it would technically work I wouldn’t expect it to be usable for any reasonable tasks.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll revisit this when cloud based implementation is available.

Sorry for the delayed response. I somehow missed your reply. If you’re up for it, you can self host your own cloud service for Mimic3. It’s MaryTTS compatible, and it’s barely any effort to get it running on just about anything. I have it running in a VM on my Synology. The only thing that I would keep in mind is that Mimic3 runs on one proc at a time. On my Synology it’s pretty slow because as far as Mimic3 is concerned, it’s basically running on a single core/proc 1.5GHz celery. You’re probably going to want to use something with a little bit more pep than that since my implementation suffers from the same limitations as trying to run Mimic3 on a RaspPi3b.

Mycroft works fine on the pinephone Plasma Mobile Edition including mycroft-gui which is a native Kirigami application and should work flawlessly in mobile environment, as long as one keeps the STT and TTS online or uses a local network with those services hosted externally, STT anyways when paired with mycroft is hosted through mycroft network, for mimic3 you can host the docker on your local network.

I am not sure how well the current mycroft-core dev branch handles remote TTS services apart from mimic2, but one can always try OpenVoiceOS ovos-core instead of mycroft-core that supports a plugin based system, we have plugins for STT / TTS online or local network streaming to make it easier for you to setup both the engines

How about running Mimic3 on a Nextcloud home server? If that’s possible, I’ll start a new thread and solicit advice.