[Music] Spotify

Hi @Patata, the Skill Author must first submit them, then they go through a Skill Acceptance Process.

As for a voice assistant I’d ask of something different than just “play pause bla”

Features I’d love to see instead are more AI
"suggest me some genres".
“let me try genre xyz”
“I like genre xyz” (remember this for the next point)
“list my favorite genres”
“play something XYZ” (relaxing, happy, moody…)
“play something else that is XYZ” (relaxing, happy, moody…)
“play more like that”
“what’s the genre for that song”
“like the song”
“dislike the song”
“delete from my library”
“add to my library” (and tag it to a playlist mycroft so I can categorize it later on the client if I want"

etc.

Make it smart. Make it AI :slight_smile:

1 Like

i would not mind at all for someone else to submit my skills, that way i can spend my time making more skills!

i have so many skills, i need to find quite some time to get them up to date (py3 and tests)

I like the way you think @dottedfish.

Taking this a step further, you could also imagine understanding the user’s patterns and pre-empting a request:

It's been a long day for you $NAME, shall I play some $GENRE music?

2 Likes

Sorry to drag up an old post, but some of this isn’t as difficult as it initially looks.

You have the Get a User’s Top Artists and Tracks endpoint which, funnily enough gives you artists and tracks based on the users past plays.

Then from that you get the seeds (or artist/genre ids to cut the naff lingo) and use them on the Get Recommendations Based on Seeds endpoint

I have yet to really look into or test this, but when I get a free moment I’ll have a play. I’d like to expand the Spotfiy skill at some point…

source of info: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17874851/can-i-use-the-spotify-recommendation-intelligence-in-an-app

2 Likes

Spotify Idea submission for an official Spotify skill for Mycroft:

Go vote for an official Spotify skill for Mycroft!!! :musical_note:

if anyone has good suggestions for wording I’d be happy to change it.

just curious if it’s possible to get spotify plays

1 Like

Hi,
I’m also curious if Spotify is already working again on Mycroft. That would be really cool!
Best,
JulianFV

1 Like

This is not so easy as spotify (the company) has decided it does not want to play nice with mycroft.
See this thread for info.

1 Like

They demurred on twitter to respond about why this week again. :frowning:

2 Likes

I believe Ake changed the code for use with your own api code. Check the docs on read me to see how to set it up

1 Like

Alright, thank you, I’ll check that :slight_smile:

I’d rather like to see support for self-hosted Navidrome instances.

Getting Spotify working would be one of my top wishes. I’m using the Neon image but still miss the OVOS image which showed up as a Spotify device that I could control from my phone.

1 Like

See the above c. 2021. Spotify doesn’t want to play nice with voice assistants. The OVOS plugin is a little ditty Jarbas sang that makes your smart speaker play nice with Spotify instead. I don’t think it’s possible to bring back the playback skill except via your own API key (see above) which is software institutions would be disinclined to distribute

the original spotify skill is being ported to OCP by @forslund :slight_smile:

to show as spotify player you just need to install either raspotify or librespot

the skill (and api leys + premium account) is only needed for searching and starting playback

I think I still have my own API key somewhere and I have a premium account. I realise this doesn’t help everyone but I’m wondering if it’s worth trying again to get it working?

When Forslund’s finished his OVOS port, it oughta work again.

1 Like