[Music] Squeeze box / Logitech Media Server control

I’m a long-time LMS user, and I picked up on this skill a few days ago via @sanderant post on the Squeezebox forums. I repurposed a Pi3+ with a Jabra borrowed from work and had some fun getting it all to work, at least with some of the standard skills.

I have installed your Squeezebox skill, and configured it with details of my LMS server and main player. But I just can’t see how to use the skill (I am new to this Mycroft/Picroft thing) - or even check whether it’s functioning, so any pointers would be helpful. For example, where do I find the various logs that I could use to identify the issues? And even, what are the commands to ask Mycroft to play from LMS?

Robert

Hey @GrumpyBob the best thing is to check the skills log. The process can be a little frustrating to be sure, but if you can grep the skills log that is where I found the most help.

grep -i squeeze /var/log/mycroft/skills.log | less

Hi JOPS & others
Thank you for the skill!! This would be phenomenal if I could get it to work, but it doesn’t :frowning:
Each time I get following error. Tried to change some things in code, Pi can ping the server and all, so I don’t know where to look from here. (I added the settings debuglog also to the errorlog to make it easier to verify)

20:41:02.073 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:123 - INFO - ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: skill-squeezebox with ID skill-squeezebox
20:41:03.704 - mycroft.skills.settings:_poll_skill_settings:412 - INFO - SqueezeBox Media Skill: Delaying next settings fetch
20:41:04.019 - skill-squeezebox:initialize:24 - INFO - Initializing SqueezeBox Media skill
20:41:04.048 - skill-squeezebox:initialize:33 - ERROR - Settings: {'server': '<IPADDRESS>', 'speak_dialog_enabled': False, 'default_player_name': 'Squeezebox_Radio', 'media_library_source_enabled': True, 'playlist_source_enabled': True, 'podcast_source_enabled': True, 'username': '', 'port': '<PORTOFWEBCLIENT', 'password': '', 'favorite_source_enabled': True}
20:41:04.060 - skill-squeezebox:get_sources:94 - INFO - Loading content
20:41:04.301 - skill-squeezebox:load_library_total_duration:241 - INFO - Loading library total duration state
20:41:04.307 - skill-squeezebox:load_library_total_duration:247 - INFO - Loaded library total duration state
20:41:04.312 - skill-squeezebox:update_sources_cache:444 - INFO - Library total duration changed. Updating cache.
20:41:04.358 - skill-squeezebox:load_library_total_duration:241 - INFO - Loading library total duration state
20:41:04.364 - skill-squeezebox:load_library_total_duration:247 - INFO - Loaded library total duration state
20:41:04.371 - skill-squeezebox:update_library_cache:421 - INFO - Library total duration unchanged. Not updating cache.
20:41:04.381 - skill-squeezebox:load_library_cache:231 - INFO - Loading library cache
20:41:04.389 - skill-squeezebox:load_library_cache:237 - ERROR - Library cache not found. Exception: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
20:41:04.616 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:170 - ERROR - Failed to load skill: skill-squeezebox
  File "/opt/mycroft/skills/skill-squeezebox/__init__.py", line 80, in initialize
  File "/opt/mycroft/skills/skill-squeezebox/__init__.py", line 101, in get_sources
  File "/opt/mycroft/skills/skill-squeezebox/__init__.py", line 445, in update_sources_cache
  File "/opt/mycroft/skills/skill-squeezebox/__init__.py", line 308, in save_sources_cache
AttributeError: 'SqueezeBoxMediaSkill' object has no attribute 'results'