Mute Skill PR#556

@KathyReid,
Do you know if PR#556 was ever implemented?
It looks like @Jarbas_Ai did some initial work on this but it wasn’t clear to me if it was ever implemented in the core. I know that @Luke and myself would welcome the ability to execute skills via the messagebus while having mycroft not speak any dialog when being executed this way.
Thank you.

Doesn’t look like it. What you could try is dowloading de PR as patch within the sourcecode directory and patch the source. With some luck without errors otherwise with some tweaking.

Neat trick of github is that you can easily download any PR or commit by appending “.patch” to the url. So;

Cd mycroft-core
Wget https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/MycroftAI/mycroft-core/pull/556.patch
Patch -p1 < 556.patch

I think I am going to wait for the 18.08 release, get through that with my skills first then consider this.
fyi, Really enjoying your blogs.
Thanks,

1 Like

Thank, really appreciated.

Would loved to have finish testing your Kodi skill, but the Pi is continously compiling webkit for the 5th day in a row. :joy:

Did the easy commands already though. Works like a charm. Still need to test the subsequence utterances other than; right, right, right…

In my latest update, you can now say “right 3 times” or “move the cursor down twice”

Good question, I will need some advice from @forslund on this one :slight_smile:

@KathyReid,
Did you get any definitive answers on this PR?