Mycroft and the Patent Trolls - A New Book from Mycroft AI

Originally published at: Mycroft and the Patent Trolls - A New Book from Mycroft AI - Mycroft

Mycroft is now involved in five separate legal actions against Patent Assertion Entities (PAE). Needless to say, this is annoying and something that should be talked about, but we have been enjoined from speaking in one of the lawsuits so in an abundance of caution we haven’t been speaking about any of them.

At the same time, I’ve found myself struggling to explain the patent assertion story to people not steeped in legal jargon.

I decided to tell Mycroft’s story in the most accessible and least threatening way I could: I wrote a children’s book. A harrowing tale of knights and heroes fighting for truth and justice. Mycroft and the Patent Trolls addresses a complex topic in an accessible and fanciful way.

The book is also a fundraising mechanism for our patent litigation. 100% of the proceeds of the book will go toward defending our open source community from the PAEs efforts to extort us.

If you want to support open source; If you believe in fighting against PAEs; If you want to help us in our fight, please buy a copy. The book is available in hardcopy and ebook format directly from Mycroft and Digital Rights Management-free from Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, or from your local bookstore.

Please support us in our fight against patent abuse. Buy a copy now.

4 Likes

Could you add other payment options, such as PayPal or ApplePay please? I don’t enter my credit card information on small stores’ websites…

I bought a copy - electronic one - but cannot read it. What software is it compatible with? I have tried Calibre, Chrome epubreader and Chrome mobireader. I also tried to get Adobe Digital Edition but couldn’t install it on my machine.

Thank you

Hilary

1 Like

Hi Hilary, I’ve just added a PDF version that will work much better on desktops.

I’ll DM you a download link

1 Like

Hi Maik,

It’s on our radar but won’t be implemented in the short term.

It’s useful to know when it becomes a real blocker for people though as it helps to bump it up the priority list.

1 Like

This is a great idea. I bought one and encouraged others to do the same.

1 Like

:+1: Love the book! Thank you

1 Like

Bought two copies
The book was great, keep fighting the good fight :heart:
I have placed an order for Mark II and am really excited about it

2 Likes