Mycroft doesn't seems to hear me

Here is what I did so far:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys F3B1AA8B
sudo bash -c 'echo "deb http://repo.mycroft.ai/repos/apt/debian debian main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/repo.mycroft.ai.list'
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mycroft-core

When i say something, for example "“Mycroft, create an alarm for five minutes”. I hear the ack sound but that’s it. any idea what am I missing?
I tried to register with https://home.mycroft.ai (maybe that’s related to my issue??) but it ask me for registration code. I don’t know what is this code…

More information about my system:

lsb_release -a

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
Release:        16.04
Codename:       xenial

uname -a

Linux oren 4.4.0-83-generic #106-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jun 26 17:54:43 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Looks like an interesting project but the docs needs some love (:

I found this in the log:

tail -f mycroft-speech-client.log

2017-07-17 00:01:20,637 - SpeechClient - INFO - Speak: 'P' as in Paul
/usr/local/bin/mimic: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.57: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2017-07-17 00:01:20,644 - SpeechClient - ERROR - Error in mute_and_speak
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.8.18-py2.7.egg/mycroft/client/speech/main.py", line 123, in handle_speak
    mute_and_speak(chunk)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.8.18-py2.7.egg/mycroft/client/speech/main.py", line 88, in mute_and_speak
    tts.execute(utterance)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.8.18-py2.7.egg/mycroft/tts/__init__.py", line 203, in execute
    wav_file, phonemes = self.get_tts(sentence, wav_file)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.8.18-py2.7.egg/mycroft/tts/mimic_tts.py", line 59, in get_tts
    '-t', sentence])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 574, in check_output
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)
CalledProcessError: Command '[u'/usr/local/bin/mimic', '-voice', u'ap', '-psdur', '-o', '/tmp/mycroft/cache/tts/f30fa34d8959ff8876b374b0ed4cb190wav', '-t', u"'P' as in Paul"]' returned non-zero exit status 127

running ‘mimic’ generate the following:

mimic: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.57: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

from slack:

Oh, humm...seems like that version is using libicu55
you could probably hack it by creating a symlink...
well alot of symlinks might be required...
You can clone mimic and build the development branch, we moved away from libicu to a smaller library
it's a bit late but i'll take a look during the week. thank you so much!
if you can access the cli you can pair the device and then change the tts to googletts to get up and running quickly

I didn’t have time to investigate but I wanted to copy paste it here so others can see it and maybe contribute.

1 Like