Mycroft Community Forum

Mycroft in French and Skills

Hello,

I’m new to Mycroft and just managed to get it to work in French. I’m now moving to skills and I am missing things as nothing seems to work.

I’m experimenting with and both respond perfectly well in English but not in French:

• Home assistant skill
  • Spotify

Both seem to be fully translated to FR according to this https://translate.mycroft.ai/fr/mycroft-skills/spotify-skill-fr.po, but I can’t even find a fr-fr folder in /mycroft-core/skills/mycroft-spotify.forslund/locale

For Home assistant I do have the folder, but the issue remains the same: I’m not understood at all.

Is there a particular setting that need to happen? Here’s my config:

{
“play_wav_cmdline”: “aplay -Dplughw:1,0 %1”,
“play_mp3_cmdline”: “mpg123 -a plughw:1,0 %1”,
“enclosure”: {
“platform”: “picroft”
},
“lang”: “fr-fr”,
“log_level”: “INFO”,
“stt”: {
“module”: “mycroft”,
“mycroft”: {
“lang”: “fr-fr”
}
},
“tts”: {
“module”: “google”,
“google”: {
“lang”: “fr”
}
},
“ipc_path”: “/ramdisk/mycroft/ipc/”
}

Thanks for your support in helping a beginner!

Cheers

Hi I can only speak for spotify, the translations has been imported to the skill but no release of the skill has been made since those were fetched. I think you can ask mycroft to install the beta version of the skill hey mycroft install the beta version of spotify

There should be an official release soonish (next week at the latest I hope)

Thanks a lot for the support. So indeed I was able to install the beta version that indeed include the language files. That’s great.

Now I still face the issue of not being understood. For instance “joue une playlist de rock” which means “play a rock playlist” is well understood by mycroft (STT) but I’m faced with answers of not understanding at all.

This is the log, any ideas?

Thanks

14:01:08.240 | DEBUG    |  2532 | mycroft.skills.intent_service:handle_utterance:350 |     Adapt intent: None
14:01:08.246 | DEBUG    |  2532 | mycroft.skills.padatious_service:handle_fallback:157 | Padatious fallback attempt: joue une playlist rock
14:01:08.248 | DEBUG    |  2532 | mycroft.skills.padatious_service:handle_fallback:164 |                alt attempt: joue 1 playlist rock
14:01:08.250 | INFO     |  2532 | QuestionsAnswersSkill | Searching for joue une playlist rock
~~~~52 | DEBUG    |  2532 | mycroft.skills.mycroft_skill.event_container:add:146 | Added event: fallback-query.mycroftai:QuestionQueryTimeout
14:01:08.303 | DEBUG    |  2532 | WolframAlphaSkill | WolframAlpha query: joue une playlist rock
Removing event fallback-query.mycroftai:QuestionQueryTimeout
~~~~13 | DEBUG    |  2532 | mycroft.skills.mycroft_skill.event_container:add:146 | Added event: fallback-query.mycroftai:QuestionQueryTimeout
~~~~21 | DEBUG    |  2532 | mycroft.skills.mycroft_skill.event_container:add:146 | Added event: fallback-query.mycroftai:QuestionQueryTimeout
14:01:08.412 | DEBUG    |  2532 | WolframAlphaSkill | translation: play a rock playlist
14:01:08.413 | DEBUG    |  2532 | WolframAlphaSkill | Non-question, ignoring: play a rock playlist
~~~~21 | DEBUG    |  2532 | mycroft.skills.mycroft_skill.event_container:add:146 | Added event: fallback-query.mycroftai:QuestionQueryTimeout
14:01:09.497 | INFO     |  2532 | QuestionsAnswersSkill | Timeout occured check responses
14:01:10.257 | DEBUG    |  2532 | mycroft.skills.padatious_service:handle_fallback:157 | Padatious fallback attempt: joue une playlist rock
14:01:10.259 | DEBUG    |  2532 | mycroft.skills.padatious_service:handle_fallback:164 |                alt attempt: joue 1 playlist rock

Sorry I’m a bit late, i may have come after the war.

Two points :

1- The Spotify skills is not the only one involved.
There is also the common play skills.

And some translations in this skills are not OK. In terms of translation, it’s good, but there is a technical issue.
The problem is within the file “Play.voc” in skill-playback-control/locale/fr-fr/Play.voc
“jouer” should be “joue” to match the “joue” in phrase.rx.

At least, this is a modification I had to do to make it work for the lms-squeezebox skill.
My guess is, it’s the same for other music services.

I already submitted this modification to mycroft.translate.ai

2- BUT, and this is a big BUT, your issue seems different. The spotify skill in your case doesn’t even seem to be picked up to search your utterance. Don’t you have other logs (above ?) with the word spotify in it ?

1 Like

Well done! this was exactly the issue. Changing the file fixed the issue for me.

You rock!

1 Like