Mycroft languages

Andā€¦ what about Italian?

How would one start teaching Mycroft to speak new language?
Any guides or documentation about that?

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m Brazilian and wanna know too.

Hey guys, Iā€™m Brazilian guy, and wanna helpā€¦

I dont know to programming, But I wanna help !!

Sorry, we speak in Portuguese.

Me too! I would like to learn how Mycroft works and help to translate it for brazilian portuguese. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to do contribution to this project with Singlish, a localized English in Singapore. Perhaps also Chinese. Can anyone advise how I should get started?

HI, I am working on it. I just uploaded a fileā€¦but I still have to understand what to do whit it.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mycroft-italiano/files/latest/download?source=files

Iā€™m wondering if a Brazilian Portuguese version is planned, too.

Ready for help to translate to Brazilian Portuguese

1 Like

@forslund

Should we push them to this project: https://github.com/MycroftAI/mycroft-core/projects/2

I am getting a lot of interest in this topic, but I am not sure what the best way for them to get started with this.

Nate

@nate-mycroft Thatā€™s a good starting point. It describes the steps to localize skills and mycroft core.

One more for Brazilian Portuguese

I too can help with Dutch! Secondary help with German, if needed.

Before starting up language teams, I think it would be useful to know where the I18n and L10n files are hiding, and/or how Mycroft is supposed to be able to speak all the languages.
Iā€™ve looked the docs and the Github Language project, but cannot find any clear information regarding this.
Once the documentation/process for letā€™s say English is clear, groups will organise themselves.
Iā€™ve found @WLigtenberg for Dutch, I went ahead and translated mycroft/res/text/en-us/ to Dutch.

There are two ways to help, as far as I can see:

1. Simple translation in the core and in skills
  2. Coding Speech To Text/Text To Speech.

I can currently only help with the first part, and others probably also. I just need to know where all the bits can be found to translate.

A ā€œto be translated toā€¦ā€ mechanism might also help.
I just came across the mycroft-skills repository, but to add a language to any skill, i seem to go into all the skills and fork/clone them to be able to locally work on the dialog files. That could be easier, perhaps?

The word ā€œdefaultā€ means ā€œfallbackā€ā€¦ So in creating a fallback for the default, youā€™ll create two defaultsā€¦ :wink:
The preferred language can have a fallback, which would be the default. I guess since this is an Anglophone product from the start, the default (as with so many products) will always be Englishā€¦

Iā€™d love to help out with the two Indian languages I speak well. :smile:

@Wildernerd Fantastic - out of curiosity which languages are they? Having someone who could speak Hindi / Devanagari would be very helpful. Weā€™re still building the documentation for Language support and hope to make it easier for people to contribute in other languages very soon.

1 Like

I can do Hindi well, and Marathi to some extent.

2 Likes