Mycroft on Raspberry Pi OS

That’s a very clean and wise way to work I guess… I’ll try it that way next time :slight_smile:

Oh, and I just remembered a “gotcha” - sometimes (usually?) networking is confused/slow/dropping connections when trying to build a new system on a previously used SSD card. Rebooting the home router/wifi has solved the problem. So after you re-flash the SSD, but before staring to rebuild it, a reboot of the router is recommended. My hunch is that the routing tables have values for the previous system, whereas the new system has the same macID, but different routing values, but I have no way of proving that. Hope this helps.

-Mike M

Thanks for the tip, but I don’t seem to have those network-troubles.

Hello! I’ve made a Unofficial Mycroft AI Raspberry Pi image builder on Github Actions. You can find the images here Releases · kleo/picroft · GitHub.

You’ll only need to flash the image, pair your device, grab a coffee and wait for initialization to finish.

1 Like

What’s the advantage in comparison to using PiCroft?
Also, installing MyCroft without Docker wasn’t that complicated, I think.

Finer grained installation process (with autosetup of selected hardware components; say you have a google voice kit aiy :wink: ), auto login, auto git pull, …

Comes in handy if you struggle with the initial setup - and have no need to integrate mycroft in an existing environment / use it as a single purpose device.

Ah, OK, I understand. Very useful, thank you!