NEWS FOR NEON AI USERS & AI APPLICATIONS AND SYSTEMS DEVELOPERS
- New Hardware Options in the Works for Neon AI Devices! Our dev team has added the high performance Orange Pi 5 to our supported platforms … and more to come. See a Demo
- Continuous Speech Processing
- Wireless Audio Streaming: Bluetooth, AirPlay and Spotify
- New Chatbot Support
- Factory Reset with 2-Button Press on Mycroft Mark II
October 2023 Update: Neon AI Open Source Conversational AI Platform Enhancements
Continuous Speech Processing - Speak Without a Pause
- New speech handler doesn’t need you to pause between “Hey Neon” and speaking a command.
- No need to wait for the ‘listening “oop” sound after saying “Hey Neon” before telling Neon to perform a request.
Thank you Mycroft AI and OVos for sharing your community development.
Wireless Audio Streaming !|20x20
Play audio on your Mark 2 via AirPlay, Bluetooth, Spotify, or KDE Connect.
Say “Hey Neon, pair Bluetooth”.
Select “neon” from the available connections on your device.
In Spotify Premium, go to Settings > “Connect to a Device” > select “Neon Mark II.”
Thank you community developer @mikejgray!
See the Skills Guide at this Google Doc link for more details.
“Hey Neon, I want to talk to FastChat”
- We’re now hosting our own instance of the FastChat LLM.
- It provides an open source alternative to ChatGPT.
- Say “Hey Neon, send me my chat” to get a log of your chat emailed to you.
Thank you Neon AI Ukrainian team!
New Low Cost, High Performance Hardware Platforms for Neon AI
We are pleased to bring you new hardware options for running the Neon AI OS and Personal Assistant voice skills. These are DIY system options right now, and we invite interested community members to participate in developing reasonably priced, high performance, end-user ready systems for homes and businesses.
- Orange Pi - Supported DIY build, 2-4x performance advantage over the Mark II’s Raspberry Pi 4. Orange Pi provides the performance necessary for on-device STT, with TTS improvements in progress and we expect the same from the other hardware options in development.
- Intel x86 family processors - Supported, including server processors. Can achieve more than 10x the Mark II’s current performance. That performance increase makes on-device speech-to-text, text-to-speech and foreign language translations run smoothly.
- Mycroft Mark II / Raspberry Pi 4 - Supported.
- On-Premises Servers
- Cloud Integration
Under Development Devices
- Rock 5 - Performance advantage of 2-4x expected.
- Raspberry Pi 5 - Coming soon.
Please engage with the Neon AI community of developers on Element.
Photo: Running the Neon AI OS on an Orange Pi
Factory Reset with a Two-Button Press
- Neon OS now provides a method for resetting an installation to a clean state, even if it will not boot properly.
- To reset the Neon OS on your Mark II device to factory settings, first unplug it. Then hold down the left “Volume -” and circular “Action” buttons while plugging in the power. Neon will start up, and you can release the buttons after 5 seconds. Neon will reset itself, and boot as if it is the first time it was powered on.
- All configuration, data, network information, and user-installed software will be removed.
If you haven’t upgraded to Version 2.0 of the Neon AI OS yet, visit Upgrade Guide - Neon OS V2.0 for the Mark II | Neon AI
“Neon has been great to work with. The new version is much faster and more stable.” -Randy F.
- “Hey Neon, Enable LLM fallback skill” - when no other skill is identified to provide a response to your query, an LLM will do so.
- To disconnect & reconnect your Mark II from wifi without having to re-enter the password:
Swipe down for the menu, choose Wireless → On Device Setup and select your currently connected wireless network. It will disconnect automatically. Select it again to reconnect.
- When playing music, press the square stop icon on the music widget a second time to exit.
- Change the homescreen wallpaper in the system menu. Swipe down for the menu, choose Settings → Display → Wallpaper Settings
- “Hey Neon, Create a support ticket” to generate and email a log of recent activity.
- For V2.0 upgrade support options, visit Upgrade Guide - Neon OS V2.0 for the Mark II | Neon AI
Community Testers wanted: Visit the new Matrix chat room for testing requests. Developers working on advanced skills for the Neon OS will benefit from your testing and commenting on new features before release. To run advanced versions you can say: “Hey Neon, Enable pre-release updates”.
Community Developers wanted: Bounties available for skills, applications and documentation development. The Neon AI team is available to assist community developers.
Contact email@example.com with your ideas and suggestions.
- Quick Reference & Quick Start guides.
- GitHub documentation at: About - NeonAI® Documentation
- Advanced Neon developer updates are posted on our GitHub Discussions page
Please visit our Matrix community to continue the conversation and read more about the Neon OS.
LLMs and AI Chatbots in a Collaborative Conversation
Thank you for reading this update! Let us offer you a look at another of our AI projects, Chatbots Forum 2.0, where LLMs and Chatbots talk to each other.
ChatGPT, Llama, and Fast Chat are some of the LLMs getting all the press lately, and here on our forum, along with some AI chatbots from our version 1.0 they can discuss and vote on prompts submitted by users.
Users will soon be able to adjust the AI’s behaviors and ultimately even add their own AI participants to the mix. TTS & STT in multiple languages is also on the way. The explanation and documentation is on the main site with version 1.0, but we invite you to give the 2.0 beta version a spin and offer your input.
Wishing you success with your private personal digital assistant,
Neon AI Projects