New Install Help

Newbe to Mycroft and I would like to find out why I can’t logon to my Wifi network and also my speaker will not work. Using an RPI 3 B+ and installed Picroft successfully. It will not recognize my Wifi network after supplying my ssid and password. Also the USB speaker will not work. I tried a 3.5mm speaker and still no audio on the test. I even tried a different RPI 3 B+. Got desperate and installed the unstable version of Picroft…No change. Any help appreciated.

Ok all good we were all newbies at once. Lol
Just need to know if you installed picroft on it from here ``Picroft ?

Also make sure you apply updates with

sudo apt update

sudo apt full-upgrade

Fixed my WIFI issue and did the updates. All is good except for the darn speaker and microphone issues. Will be working on that next. Thank you very much.
I tried using USB speaker and microphone, neither works. I am going to try this Adafruit Voice Bonnet for Raspberry Pi -Two Speakers + Two Mics ID: 4757 - $14.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits and see if it works.

1 Like

Awesome let me know how it goes. You can also visit the compatible tested hardware page as well.

https://mycroft-ai.gitbook.io/docs/using-mycroft-ai/get-mycroft/picroft#tested-hardware